Athabasca Tribal Council
Athabasca Tribal Council
Athabasca Tribal Council serves five First Nations communities by providing innovative programs and services that enrich the well-being, health, and prosperity of children and families. ATC is committed to ensuring the protection of Indigenous rights, Treaty Rights, and Traditional Territories. In collaboration with our various departments and five Nations, we provide multi-service delivery to support a thriving, healthy, and self-reliant future for Cree and Dene people.
Job Location: Fort Chipewyan
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer this position is in the Employment and Training Department and will be responsible for supporting employment services delivery and training for employment projects and programs. The position will assess unemployed and underemployed clients through career planning.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with clients and stakeholders to secure employment and educational opportunities
- Develop, maintain, administer and reporting requirements for employment and training contracts
- Research grant opportunities and write proposals in collaboration for leverage funding
- Research and keep up to date with Labour market demands and educational opportunities
- Ensure records accurately reflect the financial status of the Employment and Training Program(s)
- Write and submit quarterly financial reports to program requirements
- Delivery, promotion and marketing of programs and projects
- Must have the ability to motivate and inspire, effective communication skills, excellent organizational skills, time & stress management competences
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent Business Certificate with 2-4 years experience working with clients.
- High confidentiality, excellent work ethics, self starter, punctuality, and task oriented
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy and proficiency in computer and financial effort
- Criminal Record Check
- Valid Driver’s License & Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Ability to speak Dene of Cree is an asset
- Willingness to travel and work outside of business hours when necessary
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Alberta: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.