905-509-5005 ext 107
About the role
At Blaisdale Montessori School you will work as an Elementary Music Teacher for children grade 4 – 8 alongside some of the most passionate, caring, and dedicated educators in the industry. You will spend your time engaging, connecting, and learning alongside children, families, community partners, and co-workers. You will model and grow a perspective of equity and strive for a deeper understanding of cultural awareness. You will work up to 9 hours a week from Monday to Friday. Hours can be flexible. The job is for classes from Pickering, Ajax, Oshawa to Bowmanville.
You are passionate about Music Education, and life-long learning. You are energetic, resourceful, and creative in your pursuits of creating learning opportunities, building connections, and engaging with children and families. You must have transportation.
Some accountabilities associated with the role includes:
- Planning and implementing a Music curriculum based on the children’s age.
- The ability to Teach ukulele an asset
- Building relationships with families and including them in the learning process.
- Working as part of a team with Co-workers, Families, Community Partners, and Children.
- Ensuring the safety of staff and children by learning and acknowledging all children’s diverse needs, backgrounds, and creating equitable opportunities for all children to engage.
- Demonstrating respect for spaces by ensuring the safety and cleanliness of all equipment, furniture, and materials.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 7 per week
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Day shift
- No weekends
All enhanced covid protocals are in place.
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-03-27
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.