At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi Energy Transformers (PGTR) is a global leader in technology, and the largest supplier of transformers in the world. We are pioneering the digitalization of transformers, while working on the frontier of renewable energy and ultra-high voltage AC & DC applications.
Under the responsibility of the Maintenance Supervisor, the incumbent will be part of the maintenance team ensuring the proper operation of a manufacturing facility in an environment where worker safety is the priority.
Salary: $34,93/hour + evening premium $0.80
Evening hours: from 3:15 pm to 11:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Repair production equipment, including troubleshooting electrical, electronic, mechanical and computer controls, as required.
- Perform equipment maintenance according to the schedule established in our GMAO and the availability of production.
- Support the maintenance of the equipment preventive maintenance program according to manufacturers’ standards to ensure optimal availability.
- Maintain records, drawings and technical data of equipment.
- Participate in the development and planning of projects.
- Execute installation and/or cabling work on projects.
- Make minor modifications to programmable logic controllers (Allen Bradley, Omron) and operator interfaces (HMI) as needed.
- Support subcontracting activities during preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Operate as needed in the quality control testing environment.
- Perform this or any other work related to the task as directed by supervisory staff, following OHS and environmental standards.
- College diploma (DEC) in industrial electronics, electrical engineering, or equivalent
- Professional degree in electrical engineering combined with experience in the manufacturing sector
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position in a manufacturing environment
- Strong abilities in problem diagnosis and resolution
- Good knowledge of electrical components and their functions in manufacturing equipment (motors, drives, plc, contactors, relays)
- Knowledge of electrical standards and factory safety rules
- Knowledge of RSLogix 5000 and/or CX-Programmer
- Switchgear Certification or Licence C (an asset)
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision, independent and OHS oriented
- Must qualify on an electrical control (diagnostic) proficiency test
- ***Terms and Benefits:
- Full-time permanent position.
- Pension plan with employer contribution.
- Group personal/family insurance paid.
- Clothing provided and cleaned by the company.
- Activities organized with the social club.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
Hitachi Energy values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. We are committed to employment equity and believe in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Hitachi Energy actively encourages applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. Hitachi Energy encourages applicants to self-identify in the application process and is prepared to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities.
Only selected applicants will be contacted.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.