Electrical Maintenance Technician
Are you seeking to grow your career by demonstrating and developing your Electrical Maintenance Technician skill set? If so, this is an incredible opportunity where you will oversee and execute all electrical equipment work for the Secondary Upgrading Mechanical Maintenance team. You will be responsible for day-to-day maintenance, as well as shutdowns, unplanned outages and troubleshooting to ensure successful plant operation. Your strong knowledge and experience in electrical systems and field operations will be demonstrated through your support of planning and coordinating maintenance related duties, overseeing and delegating all tasks for maintenance team members and contractors, and defining and presenting innovative solutions for equipment integrity, availability and materials.
- Perform daily preventative and corrective electrical maintenance of the Sulphur Mechanical Maintenance department
- Troubleshoot electrical equipment and coordinate with instrumentation and control systems, which may include occasional after hours work based on operational requirements
- Work in cooperation with both the Planning and Operations groups to scope out routine and major jobs and to ensure that the jobs are prioritized and completed accordingly
- Ensure that work is adequately documented in the CMMS (Maximo)
- Follow procedures for operating switchgear and understanding PPE requirements
- Identify recurring problems and document them so that an engineered solution can be provided
- Job location: Fort McMurray, Alberta – Horizon Oil Sands site
- Shift schedule: 7 x 7 (12 hour shifts) – Thursday start
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Relocation Regular Policy
- Company sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out from Calgary or Edmonton
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
- This is a safety sensitive position
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience working with electrical systems in a heavy oil and/or oil sands environment combined with a Journeyman Electrician Trade Certificate
- Familiarity with and understanding of electrical equipment in a process facility environment including:
- Low and medium voltage equipment (up to 5kV)
- Small and large motor VFD drives
- Various PLC (Programmable Logic Controls)
- Program troubleshooting Device Net communication protocols
- Experience working with a plant-wide DCS system (Delta V) and Maximo CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) or equivalent
- Steam and Gas Turbine generators and controls considered an asset
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – Canadian Natural – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ
Application deadline is November 29, 2022. Apply now!
Primary Location Fort McMurray
Job Mining & Oil Sands Operations
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.