Electrical Engineer P. Eng. – Hvac Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Electrical Engineer P. Eng. – Hvac in our company, Ice Western. This vacancy is based in Calgary AB. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Electrical Engineer P. Eng. – Hvac Job
Company: Ice Western
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Calgary AB
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-04-05
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Electrical Engineer P. Eng. – Hvac Job Detail
ICE Western started back in 1991 in Calgary, Alberta.
We manufacture a highly complex Custom HVAC units for commercial and industrial market, worldwide.
Over the years, sales have increased dramatically and now ICE Western has a state of the art industrial manufacturing facility located on 5 acres in South Foothills Industrial Park Calgary Alberta. In 2016, we added an extra 40,000 square feet addition to our existing facility, allowing us to address the demand for our products. We are a rapidly growing organization with over 100 employees.
ICE Western is committed to provide service, safety as well as innovation of our products.
The president of ICE Western is involve in the business daily, to explore other business opportunities worldwide, while the economic situation in Alberta is gloomed.
We offer competitive wages, benefits, training, education allowance, free parking. Please apply.
The successful candidate will function as an important part of the engineering department at ICE Western Sales Ltd. The incumbent will collaborate with the senior departmental engineers in executing all aspects of a variety of challenging and innovative projects.
- Provides electrical engineering technical support to apply engineering theory to practical business and technical situations by:
- Confer with engineers, customers, and others to discuss existing or potential electrical engineering projects and products.
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Plan and implement research methodology and procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Supervise and train project team members as necessary.
- Oversee project production efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
- Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, and topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Investigate customer complaints, determine nature and extent of problem, and recommend remedial measures.
- Assist in developing capital project programs for new equipment and major repairs.
- Develop budgets, estimating labor, material, and construction costs.
- Compile data and write reports regarding existing and potential engineering studies and projects.
- Conduct field surveys and study maps, graphs, diagrams, and other data to identify and correct power system problems.
- Decision making is constrained by engineering theory, standardized practices, existing processes, general work assignments and supervision of ongoing development
- As work increases in complexity the impact to the immediate work area increases, however, technical work that have significant impact on the business is closely monitored and reviewed
- Requires familiarization with internal and industry design and construction codes and standards
- Participates in design and constructability
- Communication is both verbal and written and typically consists of the collection and relay of basic facts
- The content of communications increases in complexity as the position takes on greater technical challenges
- Communication is primarily internal to the assigned work team
- External contacts include information gathering and within a limited scope, e.g., project partners, external stakeholders
- Manufacturing plant office environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Electrical engineering degree (BSc. Eng., B.Eng.).
- Has attained P.Eng status.
- Five or more years of related experience.
- 3+ years of related experience in HVAC Unit Design required, including knowledge in equipment and system selection, design and control. Additional experience in metal fabrication and/or manufacturing is an asset.
- Proficient with drafting in AutoCAD; demonstrated knowledge in proper drafting standards and practices.
- Exudes confidence and tact in interacting with clients and colleagues.
- Has the ability to interact positively with outward facing clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are crucial.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-starting, ability to manage multiple tasks on strict deadlines.
- Commitment to continuous technical learning and personal development, both self-directed and under the guidance of others.
- Diligent, with an eye for detail.
- Ability to perform under occasional stressful situations on tight deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site free parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- HVAC Unit Design: 3 years (preferred)
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.