Educational Technologist, Dental Assisting
Calgary, AB /
Academic – School of Health & Public Safety /
AUPE Casual/ Hourly
Apply for this job
The School of Health and Public Safety at SAIT prepares students for a dynamic career in the health care sector. We offer specialized training in diagnostic and therapeutic technologies, professional assistant programs, information management, and training for wellness professionals. Our programs are hands on, with students and instructors immersed in living classrooms and simulated training.
We’re searching for a resourceful individual, with strong organizational skills to manage the dental clinic operations and support the instructors and students in the Dental Assisting Program. You will maintain calibration and maintenance of equipment, develop laboratory and clinical procedures, and quality assurance. A large part of this role is promoting and maintaining a safe environment in the Dental Clinic and laboratory setting. This is not an instructional role.
This position is casual hourly, approximately 2-3 days a week.
- Manage all functions of the patient clinic from September to April; including patient bookings, course carts, and office manager duties
- Work efficiently under considerable time pressures, with frequent interruptions
- Execute decontamination, infection control, and prevention measures, meeting the requirements of the Alberta Dental Association
- Oversee biohazardous materials management (stocking, disposal, and safe storage) according to legislation and institute procedures
- Evaluate new equipment and supplies, recommending acceptance or rejection
- Initiate supply and equipment orders while maintaining accurate records
- Troubleshoot, perform or schedule regular and preventative maintenance on instruments and dental clinic equipment
- Research, modify and/or develop clinical and laboratory methods, techniques, and procedures on own initiative, with general direction from instructors
- Display professionalism in support of a safe learning and working environment
- Participate in program quality improvement initiatives
- Promote SAIT’s and the School of Health and Public Safety’s mission statements
Qualifications & Experience
- Registered Dental Assistant or Registered Dental Hygienist
- 2 years of clinical experience in a similar capacity; previous experience in a post-secondary environment would be considered an asset
- Intermediate/Expert working knowledge with Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Previous experience with Dentrix software is considered an asset
- Strong time management, interpersonal, and communication skills, with the ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Job classification: ED. LAB. TECHNOLOGIST II – A5107
Salary range: $28.26 – $30.61
Position End Date: December 31st, 2023
Posting closing date: April 25, 2023
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers , we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT .
At SAIT, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding diverse perspectives to SAIT – so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
SAIT has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information. Please be aware that SAIT will never request sensitive personal information beyond what is required for an application.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site and we encourage applicants to only apply directly through there. When your application is completed you will receive an email confirmation, if you did not receive one please check your junk mail or try applying through the SAIT career page again.
Apply for this job
Jobs powered by
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.