As Ontario’s community-based bilingual distance education and training network, Contact North jobsincanada.one Contact Nord helps underserved residents in 1,300 small, rural, remote, Indigenous and Francophone communities access education and training without leaving their communities. We provide services in English and French. For more information, visit www.contactnorth.ca.
Contact North jobsincanada.one Contact Nord is seeking a positive, energetic and organized individual to fill the following part-time position:
EDUCATION & TRAINING REPRESENTATIVE – Red Lake
Competition # 22-96-REDL
Reporting to the Education & Training Advisor, the Education & Training Representative position will be based at our Red Lake online learning centre. The successful candidate will:
- Achieve annual registration targets as assigned by spending a minimum of 80% of the time directly generating registrations from residents in the assigned communities
- Actively conduct all targeted recruitment campaigns, including distribution of materials, tracking responses or interest in the CRM and other tracking tools
- Proactively identify and present to the Education a& Training Advisor (ETA) every week a list of opportunities to generate registrations, such as career and education fairs, suitable locations for targeted distribution and posting of promo materials, new referral organizations and influencers and other opportunities. Follow-up with students, provide details on all services available and help clients register in online programs for courses
- Coordinate and schedule Student Recruitment & Services Representatives (SRSRs) to deliver services and support for students within the territory, including exam booking and invigilation services if applicable
- Enter and update complete, accurate data in the CRM on all activities, ensuring SRSRs do the same, and record weekly data on requests for services responded to
- Submit a weekly report listing number of registrations generated and entered in the CRM, number of follow-ups completed with clients, number of new clients responded to, number of referral partners contacted and responded to, key operational and recruitment steps taken, key stats, any major issues and how they were resolved, complaints and how they were handled. Flag any urgent or time-sensitive issues to the ETA. All timecard entries must be made on actual date worked.
- Other duties as assigned
- A secondary school diploma with preference given to those with a post-secondary credential in a related field such as office administration, business administration, executive assistant
- 1-3 years’ customer service experience in fields such as retail, call centre
- 1-3 years’ experience in a sales position, such as retail, call centre, business sales.
- The ability to function verbally and in writing in both English and French (bilingual) is considered an asset
- Experience with or a willingness to learn to use a variety of learning technologies such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- Experience with or a willingness to learn social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram
- Extensive knowledge of the community in order to help engage community partners
- Able to take full responsibility for key assigned areas of the student services process while working with minimal supervision
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Previous data entry experience
- Experience with or knowledge of online learning
- Sound functional knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement and diplomacy through contact with students, faculty/instructors, local hosts and other community stakeholders
- Possession of a valid driver’s licence and reliable means of transportation, which would allow for travel within the boundaries of the assigned territory at the direction of the Education & Training Advisor, is considered an asset
Requirements: Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is required
Compensation: $18.50 per hour plus vacation pay and statutory holiday pay
Hours of work: Estimated 32 hours per week based on the online learning centre’s requirements
Start Date: As soon as possible
Interested individuals are invited to submit a cover letter and electronic résumé*, complete with two* to three employment references, quoting Job Competition # 22-96-REDL in the subject line of the e-mail. This position is OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.50 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.