Facilitated Improvement for Corporate Success
FICS is seeking experienced education specialists to support the organization’s clients in the areas of e-learning, adult education curriculum development, and education delivery. This role is focussed on the development and delivery of short courses for adult professional development.
The small but mighty FICS team’s strengths lie in facilitation, adult education, and continuous quality improvement. FICS provides consulting services such as facilitation, leadership development, and accreditation program development, and management services to a variety of organizations, and we are growing! FICS’ current education clients include both not-for-profit organizations and for-profit companies. Our services include developing training curriculum, e-learning module development, facilitating training sessions (online and in-person), and train-the-trainer activities. FICS takes pride in creating and facilitating adult education opportunities that are practical and meaningful.
The successful applicant will be a specialist in e-learning, curriculum development and/or education delivery in adult education and professional development. They will have in-depth knowledge of instructional design, course design, and adult learning theories, as well as educational technologies. This role will require a collaborative, creative, detail-oriented approach, and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders. Travel may be required for those interested in education delivery opportunities.
We invite applicants interested in either contractual, project-based work, or a part-time permanent position. The salary or rate for this role will be dependent on qualifications and type of agreement but ranges from $40-$100 per hour.
We value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. Diversity to us means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected in ways that fully develop and use each person’s unique strengths.
Requirements for all candidates:
- Learning design and adult education qualifications such as a degree in adult education or diploma in training & development
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning principles, and of a wide range of training methods and techniques
- Strengths in professional interpersonal communication in English, including excellence in written communications.
- Ability to work and communicate while respecting accessibility, equity, anti-racism, diversity, and inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity.
- Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Internet and technology savvy and highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Teams
- Ability to create content or facilitate training in French an asset but not required.
Curriculum Development Specialists will:
- Design and develop curriculum for learning activities that meet the needs of FICS clients using sound instructional design and adult learning concepts
- Communicate and collaborate with FICS staff, clients and Subject-Matter Experts to establish learning objectives and gather curriculum content
- Prepare engaging training content, learning evaluation tools, and learning aids
E-learning Specialist will:
- Design and develop online training resources (synchronous or asynchronous) as needed to meet the learning needs of FICS clients using sound instructional design and adult learning concepts
- Prepare e-learning modules using authoring tools such as Moodle, Captivate, Articulate
- Ensure e-learning resources are practical, and include learner evaluation to assess competency with course material
- Confirm e-learning design and performance effectiveness through quality assurance testing or pilot processes
- Work collaboratively with curriculum developers and other Subject Matter Experts to develop education programming, including eLearning modules and storyboards.
- Contribute to development of graphic assets using Adobe products, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience with audio development and narration editing.
- Maintain and develop user-friendly Learning Management Systems for FICS clients or work with clients to deploy training programs via existing Learning Management Systems
- Lead program evaluation activities, implementing evaluation processes and analyzing data to inform quality improvement of e-learning products
- Prepare training content, learning evaluation tools, learning aids and user guides in document or web format
Education Delivery Specialist will:
- Facilitate in-person and online learning for adult professionals, including leading train-the-trainer sessions
- Use virtual online platforms such as MS Teams and Zoom, or deliver training in person (travel required)
- Use a group facilitation approach to training, with a professional, friendly, and inclusive style
- Have strong time management abilities in both preparation and delivery of sessions
- Lead program evaluation activities, implementing evaluation processes and analyzing data to inform quality improvement of learning products
- Ability to deliver training in both official languages an asset
This role is open to teleworking or in-person work in our Ottawa office. The FICS team includes both in-person and remotely located team members.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter. Candidates should clearly specify in their cover letter whether their expertise lies in Curriculum Development, E-Learning, and/or Education Delivery. The letter should also specify whether the applicant would prefer to partner with FICS as an independent contractor or are seeking part-time or full-time employment.
Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis, as we are seeking availability for current and future projects. More than one candidate may be considered based on the expertise of the applicants. We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Freelance
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: $40.00-$100.00 per hour
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have knowledge of adult learning principles?
- DCS / DEC (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Ottawa, ON
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.