The Educational Assistant program prepares the student to work in formal school settings, assisting teachers in the development and delivery of effective educational experiences for school-aged children. Course content provides the student with knowledge and skills in the areas of child growth and development; learning strategies to support curriculum for diverse learners; interpersonal skills and working as a professional team member. This program offers a combination of theoretical instruction along with practical experience in an educational setting. The goal of the program is to fully equip and prepare students to work with individuals with special needs using various support and educational strategies to aid their learning. For more details about the EA program, please view our website at https://codecore.ca/programs/education-assistant/
CIOT College is currently looking for an instructor who are engaging, interactive, confident and adaptable to teach the EA program in online format.
- Delivering instructional content as per curriculum, meeting learning objectives
- Leading interactive lectures and discussions
- Fostering interaction among students
- Administer all assessments
- Grade and check work, projects, and quizzes in a timely fashion according to guidelines
- Follow procedures for recording grades
- Maintain Attendance records
- Providing students with resources and support
- Attend faculty meetings and training sessions
- Fluent in English
- Exceptional communicator (both verbal and written)
- Minimum 1 years teaching experience
- Experience working within or knowledge of the Canadian school system
- Experience with special needs (Autism, FASD, etc)
- Strong understanding of diverse adult learners
- Strong knowledge of Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Planning and organizing
To apply, please submit a cover letter along with your resume.
This is a contract position. The length of each contract position is determined by the length of the course that the instructor is teaching.
Job Type: Part-time
- Bachelor’s in Education (required)
- Teaching: 1 year (preferred)
- Education Assistant field: 3 years (preferred)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $35,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
CodeCore follows all government guidelines with regard to Covid-19.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Education Assistant: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.