Victoria Hospice Society
Respect Compassion Integrity Commitment Collaboration Excellence
Our mission at Victoria Hospice Society is to improve the quality of life for people dealing with life-limiting illness, death, and bereavement. We are considered a leader in the development of information, tools and resources to assist in the provision of expert palliative care and have emerged as an international expert in palliative and symptom management.
Through our Education and Research Department, we provide resources and training to hundreds of staff and volunteers, including medical professionals, health care providers, caregivers and volunteers. We deliver workshops for educational institutions, government and community agencies and since 2005, have worked with Island Health to deliver the End of Life Care workshop series to hospices and hospitals across Vancouver Island.
We are looking for an EDUCATION AND PROJECTS LEAD to join our Education and Research team.Do you want to work in a friendly, collaborative environment with like-minded people where you can learn and continue to grow in your career? Do our core values of Respect, Compassion, Integrity, Commitment, Collaboration and Excellence resonate with you? Does doing things with and for others inspire you? If this sounds like you, come and join our team of people who want to make a difference! All that we do is with people like you!
About the Role
The EDUCATION AND PROJECTS LEAD works in a dynamic environment to provide leadership in the development of resources and products aimed at educating our staff, volunteers, students and the community. This role also engages internal and external stakeholders to facilitate research and quality improvement initiatives and projects to improve end-of-life care and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, coordinating and facilitating education, quality improvement and research projects
- Conducting environmental scans and literature reviews and synthesizing results
- Developing education products and resources
- Preparing written reports including grant application, project and event summaries, survey analysis and reporting
- Facilitating learning needs analysis
- Developing event promotion and publicity programs with the communications department
We are looking for someone with
- A belief in people’s potential and a desire to support individual and team success
- A high level of motivation to add value and make a meaningful difference to a worthwhile cause
- An aptitude for continuous learning
Skills and Abilities
- Strong critical thinking and analysis abilities
- Great communication and relationship-building skills
- Adaptable; able to organize and prioritize multiple tasks while achieving quality results
- Proficient with MS Office Suite mandatory; familiarity with online teaching/learning tools and learning management systems
Education, Training and Experience
- Knowledge of current adult education theory and strategies
- Experience developing and delivering education using adult learning principles
This is a permanent full-time position. Some evening or weekend hours may be required.
Application process: Please submit a resume and cover letter. This posting will be open until the position is filled.
This position is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination order. As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our community, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Victoria Hospice Society is committed to reflecting the communities we serve. We strive to ensure we are inclusive of Indigenous peoples, immigrants, racialized groups, persons with disabilities and the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,766.00-$67,519.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Victoria, BC V8R 1J8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- How many years experience do you have developing and delivering adult education?
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Victoria, BC V8R 1J8
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.