Spirit of the Children Society
Ece Activity Worker Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Ece Activity Worker in our company, Spirit of the Children Society. This vacancy is based in New Westminster BC. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Ece Activity Worker Job
Company: Spirit of the Children Society
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: New Westminster BC
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-04-01
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
The Activity Worker is primarily responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate environment for the children attending the various programs at Spirit of the Children Society. The Activity Worker will be respectful of children and parents, and ensure that equipment and facility are clean, safe, and well maintained. This position provides support to other programs within the organization.
REPORTS TO: Program Manager and Executive Director
- Promote and support traditional cultural teachings and practice for our families, agency, and community.
- Utilize the traditional Aboriginal philosophies that include: the Medicine Wheel, the Seven Sacred Teachings.
- Set the environment and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the program.
- The Activity Worker will provide adequate equipment and activities, ensure equipment and facility are clean, well maintained and safe at all times.
- Will develop culturally appropriate programs and activities, carried out primarily in Circle Time, that honor culture and values of the Aboriginal Culture and history.
- Follow policies and procedures including acceptable disciplinary policies and must be familiar with emergency procedures.
- ECD Certificate, and relevant work experience.
- Food Safe and First Aid for Children
- Strong knowledge of Aboriginal and urban Aboriginal culture, traditions, and history.
- Knowledge and ability to teach a range of related topics, including child development, parenting strategies, anger management, and ability to do family assessments.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Current and valid Driver’s License or willing to obtain business insurance and liability coverage.
- Driver’s Abstract (agency will process).
- Criminal records check
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Full time position at approximately 35 hours per week. Schedule adjust depending on program needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.50-$24.80 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- ECD certification (required)
Work Location: One location
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.