theScore, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PENN Entertainment , empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favorite teams, leagues, and players. theScore’s sports betting app ‘theScore Bet Sportsbook & Casino’ delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting and iCasino experience. theScore Bet is currently live in the Company’s home province of Ontario. theScore also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
Our mission is to develop high-quality and sustainable data-driven marketing channels to improve profitability, growth and user adoption. As a Marketing Insights Director, you’ll be responsible for building and leading this newly formed team to support all marketing stakeholders. The Marketing Insights Director will lead a team that uses a diverse blend of capabilities including direct-to-consumer analytics, channel performance and marketing sciences.
We need a strong, influential leader with deep expertise in Marketing and experience surfacing productive insights and implications. As a direct-to-consumer business our marketing tactics are critical to our success, and you will have the opportunity to partner closely across the organization to apply learnings and impact Penn Entertainment’s marketing execution for its digital brands (theScore, theScore Bet, Barstool Sportsbook and Casino, Hollywood Casino).
Finally, the successful candidate will design and build measurement plans to demonstrate the impact of different tactics and be responsible for the testing and learning process to ultimately increase our customer base.
Your team will ensure accurate and consistent reporting by helping design and co-creating optimal processes and procedures with our Data Analytics team. Your team will use analytical techniques to interpret key findings from our customer data and leverage these insights into initiatives that will support business outcomes within the Marketing team. Your team’s support/analyses will play a key role in developing initiatives emphasizing customer acquisition/retention, conversion rates, optimization, and performance tracking.
The ideal candidate has expert-level communications skills, exhaustive knowledge of customer analysis, a passion for leveraging data to solve real-world problems, a proven track record of successfully building and leading a Marketing analytics team, and an interest in professional sports, betting & eSports.
This role is available as a remote role out of the UK, or hybrid in the US, Gibraltar, and Canada.
Interested? Read below and apply now!
About the Work
- You will be responsible for building a new function within the Marketing team centered around and executing against Marketing Insights
- Your team will partner with other Marketing teams and collaborate directly with our centralised Data Analytics team in order to guide/lead testing best practices and analyse user behaviour data on our apps & websites to solve challenges across UA, CRM, cross-sell, activation, referral, promotional strategy and other marketing initiatives
- Leverage business intelligence tooling to create a repository of marketing reporting, business insights & recommendations along with bespoke insights analysis
- Relentlessly pursue and extract actionable insights used for various marketing optimization, exploration, performance, and user behaviours opportunities
- In collaboration with your team, you will lead the ongoing analysis of audience segmentation, offer performance, retention, and core KPI optimization to uncover opportunities
- Synthesise curated data, insights and user behaviour research to create presentations that make fact based recommendations
- Represent Marketing when working cross-functionally with the centralised Data Analytics team to solve data related issues
- Liaise with Data Analytics on testing ideation and strategy to design, create, execute and measure results from A/B and multivariate testing
- Act as a marketing thought leader to help support broader strategic agendas across the organization
- Liaise with channel owners to identify data driven projects and opportunities
- Prioritise Marketing Insights queue in partnership with executive level management
- Stay on top of emerging trends, competitive insights and analysis in the gaming industry and overall digital marketing landscape
- Other duties as required
- 8+ years of experience in a marketing insights role, business strategy, or equivalent
- 4+ years of managerial experience leading highly competent, high producing Marketing Data Analysts capable of analyzing large, multi-dimensional data sets and synthesizing insights into actionable solutions and data-driven insights to business
- Bachelor of Arts or Science, with a focus in marketing, statistics, computer science, econometrics, applied math, or a quantitative behavioural sciences field; Masters or PhD preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Able to write and run complex SQL queries to pull data required across multiple tables
- MS Excel expertise – lookups, pivot tables, and complex formulas
- Insights tools experience – Looker, Thoughtspot,, Tableau, AppsFlyer, Branch, Firebase, Sensor Tower
- Experience leading teams of technical experts in areas of analytics, research and/or experimentation
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
theScore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.