Canada Lands Company
Company: Canada Lands
Location: 1 University Ave Suite 1700 , Toronto , ON
Employment Status: Employee (Full-Time)
Please submit your application by February 6th at 4:00 pm EST.
As a member of the Information Technology (“IT”) Shared Services team of Canada Lands Company, the Director, Cyber Security & Corporate IT (Bilingual), under the direction of the Senior Director, IT & Cyber Security is responsible for the management of Corporate IT & Company-wide cyber security solutions (systems, services, support, and resources), to support business strategy, goals, and objectives. The position will work closely with other IT leaders from across the organization, as well as leaders and decision-makers in the business teams, to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology and cyber security solutions for all aspects of the organization.
Cyber Security – The role will provide specialized expertise on assessing and monitoring risks, identifying potential gaps, and providing security solutions to mitigate risks and protect the Company business systems and employees, and is also accountable for day-to-day management of Company-wide cyber security operations.
Corporate IT – The role is responsible for the direct supervision of the Corporate IT team, managing the daily operational activities of the team, and managing a varied IT portfolio of solutions, projects, and initiatives for the Corporate and Real Estate business units (“REC”).
- As a member of the IT Shared Services leadership team, contributes to the definition of the IT and Cyber Security vision, strategy, and roadmap, to develop the short, mid, and long-term tactical plans to support business strategy, goals, and objectives.
- Develop and manage the execution of the IT objectives, initiatives, and services to support REC business requirements.
- Contributes to Company-wide risk and control design assessments, required controls definition, control procedure appropriateness, and leads vulnerability assessment.
OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT – REC
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Service Desk, support services and processes to maximize Service Level Agreements.
CYBER SECURITY & RISK MANAGEMENT
- Define, in collaboration with the Senior Director, the Company security strategies, investment and tactical plans, initiatives, solutions, policies and procedures to maximize cyber security attack prevention, to protect identity and access management, secure information privacy, meet information regulatory compliance (including but not limited to PCI) and secure the Company data centers, infrastructure, networks and endpoints.
- Provides direction, leadership, coaching and oversight for Corporate IT functions and direct reports, leading and motivating to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
PROCUREMENT AND ADMINISTRATION
- In conjunction with the Senior Director, manages financial aspects of the Corporate IT department and Cyber Security initiatives and projects; develops annual Corporate IT and cyber operating and capital budgets and tracks spend against budget.
- A relevant MBA, university degree or college diploma in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Project Management, Business Management is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years of proven experience in a Cyber Security role, coupled with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of IT leadership experience in strategy, operations, planning and budgeting.
- Has received or is working towards an appropriate networking and/or cybersecurity designation is preferred, but not mandatory (e.g., CISSP, CISA, CISM).
- Effective leader who builds and leverages management level relationships, to gain and maintain alignment and support of IT and Cyber Security strategies and initiatives.
- Ability to effectively work with, and lead, in areas of IT and Cyber Security, a virtual team across multiple regional locations, to prioritize tasks to achieve successful outcomes for partners while meeting/exceeding service level expectations.
- Proficient with MS365 Product Suite, Azure, Intune & Endpoint Management.
- Knowledge of security frameworks such as ISO 27000, NIST, and CIS Standards.
WHAT WE DO
Canada Lands Company is a self-financing, federal Crown corporation that specializes in real estate, development and attractions management. The company’s goal in all it does is to produce the best possible benefit for Canadian communities and the Government of Canada. Canada Lands Company works to achieve its mandate with industry leading expertise; the company prides itself on its consultation based approach to pursuing community-oriented goals, environmental stewardship and heritage commemoration with all its projects across Canada.
The company’s activities ensure that former government properties are redeveloped or managed in accordance with their highest and best use, and that they are harmoniously reintegrated into local communities. Our goal is to help transform surplus parcels and reshape them to meet the needs of Canadians with inspiring and sustainable new neighbourhoods in which they can live, work and play.
Canada Lands Company CLC Limited is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canada Lands Company is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes. Should you require an accommodation, please inform us as soon as possible and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.