Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Digital Media Manager is responsible for the planning and strategy, execution, and performance tracking of all digital media campaigns for Air Canada & Aeroplan. They will work very closely with the digital managers as well internal product owners to recommend tactics, targeting strategies, and media platforms for digital campaigns. The Digital Media Manager will ensure that the strategies and campaign execution recommendations are aligned with Air Canada and Aeroplan business objectives, including flight revenue and cobranded credit card acquisition.
- Proactively negotiate media buying rates with publishers to ensure maximal value (including added value opportunities)
- Financial control over campaigns budgets to ensure advertising dollars are spent optimally and evenly throughout defined campaign windows
- Monitor campaign media performance to ensure all goals and KPIs are being met, while recommending opportunities for optimization through data driven insights
- Work with the marketing communications and the digital test lab team to recommend and execute creative and targeting testing
- Completing thorough evaluations of media campaigns to identify overall performance alongside insights and areas for improvement, often combining our paid digital advertising data alongside website clickstream and other internal data sources
- Leverage internal performance data (e.g. bookings, revenue) to assist the marketing team in identifying performance gaps to develop responsive marketing/media strategies
- Manage concurrently multiple campaigns to projected timelines and provide frequent updates to the respective internal stakeholders
- Keep abreast on the latest industry trends and technology pertaining to digital media campaigns to ensure Air Canada’s competitive edge in the paid landscape
- Maintain media partner relationships to upkeep market knowledge on the latest paid solutions including beta testing
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, communications or related field
- 3 years of experience in the field of media with a focus on digital planning
- Experience within the travel industry or banking (specifically credit card acquisition) considered a strong asset
- Knowledge of the principles of advertising, marketing and media
- Knowledge of all aspects of digital paid media as it pertains to display, social & search
- Digital media buying experience is essential
- Paid search experience considered an asset
- Possesses a data-driven mind-set to support effective decision making and for proving success, with a strong ability to use and interpret data to identify insights and opportunities
- Experience leveraging 3rd party data sources to support understanding of campaign performance
- Proficiency with media tools; ComScore, AdWords, DV360, Campaign Manager, Adobe Analytics & GA360
- Ability to learn and grasp new technologies and tools quickly
- Proficiency with Office suite; Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with tight timelines in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Enjoys collaboration and teamwork
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.