The Digital Media Assistant assists in the promotion of Athletics & Recreation and its activities through media relations, social media, sport information and communications. Under the supervision of the Manager, Marketing & Communications the role is instrumental in strengthening the York Lion’s brand while maximizing student engagement at York University. Consistent information is delivered through content management, customer/fan engagement and technical integration through various social media platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter) and all websites (such as yorkulions.ca and recreation.yorku.ca). The role requires commitment and adherence to the values and principles of Sport & Recreation as expressed in the mandate of the department.
Completion of a post-secondary diploma with specialization in marketing, communications or public relations or an equivalent of 2 years recent experience (defined as within the last three years) working at York University and performing the same or similar tasks. This education equivalency is in addition to the experiential requirements outlined below. Completion of a degree in any of the fields indicated is an asset.
3 years’ related work experience in Digital Marketing such as mobile and social marketing, communications/marketing, including excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, RSS, blogs and social CRM (customer relationship management). Tech savvy and aware of emerging social media channels. Demonstrated experience and a passion for the social media universe such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube Foursquare, Flickr, blogs, RSS, discussion forums. Experience in the measurement and analysis of web traffic, experience using social media tools including social networking sites, video sharing sites, experience in advertising, public relations and online marketing a must. Experience in integrating content into multiple social distribution channels, proven track record of listening and engaging with the online community and acting on their behalf, experience with social media and working with design tools including Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash.
- Excellent oral and written communication and editorial skills, working accurately and effectively underpressure of high volume and frequent deadlines. Effective interpersonal skills, including dealing calmly, courteously and with others.
- Good organizational skills, including ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines, ability to exercise initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and demanding timeframes.
- Ability to obtain and provide accurate information clearly and concisely.
- Public relations skills, ability to deal courteously and effectively with staff, faculty, the media, alumni and the public at all levels. Dedicated professional who is committed to top quality client service, familiarity with a wide range of sports.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Aptitude to develop and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. Strong leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively under deadlines and juggle several assignments simultaneously. A strong awareness of social media tactics and strategies, knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Quora, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, blogging platforms such as Tumblr, etc.).
- Knowledge and understanding of technology,search new trends and the latest in social media innovation.
- Must excel at online research, ability to integrate social media into broader communications and marketing campaigns, and identify trends and opportunities within the user generated content space and make quick decisions. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills in the following areas: Advanced word-processing skills, advanced desktop publishing (Photoshop etc.). Strong background in Internet, e-mail, and web systems preferred.
This position requires the candidate to produce a verification of degree(s), credentials(s), or equivalencies from accredited institutions and/or international equivalents at the time of interview.
If you are a current York University employee in the YUSA-1 bargaining unit and/or are using your job posting rights under the collective agreement to view and apply for jobs, you must apply through the Employee Career Portal – YU Hire to be considered an internal applicant.
As per Article 12.02(f) of the YUSA-1 Collective Agreement, to be considered an internal applicant, employees in the YUSA-1 bargaining unit must submit the application 5 working days following the first day of posting. This is referred to as the ‘Posted Date’ on the job posting. Please refer to the ‘Posting Intent’ on the job posting.
York University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by York University regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
We are committed to enhancing our environmentally and socially responsible practices for the benefit of all members of the York community. Our long term perspective recognizes our responsibility to be innovators and to continually work as a community to reduce our ecological impact.
York University employees must apply to jobs through the Employee Career Portal – YU Hire. If you are a current York University employee and/or are using your rights under a collective agreement to view and/or apply to jobs, you MUST log into YU Hire to access the York University Employee Career Portal.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications must be received by 11:55 pm EST on the posted deadline date, if applicable.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.