Applied Electronics Limited
Applied Electronics is a national industry leader in Digital Media Integration Solutions and Service, specializing in professional audio visual and broadcast media technology systems. Our core strength is centered on our ability to provide customers with the highest degree of professionalism and customer satisfaction in all aspects of our business processes. We have offices in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver.
Digital Marketing Coordinator
We are seeking a talented storyteller who loves to create and deliver experiences through powerful content that inspire, engage, entertain, and connects with a targeted audience. A confident writer and a creative visual communicator with phenomenal graphics design and media production skills who enjoys photography and videography. A creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is detail-oriented, highly resourceful, exceptionally organized, and capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing projects with extremely tight deadlines. An innovative, strategic problem solver with outstanding interpersonal skills, business acumen, takes initiative, and works well independently and in collaboration with multiple key stakeholders and technology vendors.
How you will make an impact:
As the Digital Marketing Coordinator, you compile beautiful and captivating visual assets that serve a variety of marketing and sales support objectives. While crafting written and visual stories for distribution over various digital platforms, you’ll build engaging and impactful content designed to bring our brand to life. Reporting to the Marketing Manager and working in close collaboration with the Sales, Technical, and Management teams, you’ll contribute to the strategy around audience interaction, engagement and delivery of Applied Electronics’ brand, communications, and products & services offerings online, in effort to increase lead generation and conversion rates.
- Design, implement and build content on corporate website and marketing technology stack.
- Identify trends and insights, optimize spend, and work with Marketing Manager to report on performance, based on the insights and key results of all digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals (KPIs).
- Develop and execute high-impact visual content across multiple channels based on a strategy and editorial calendar created by Marketing Manager.
- Capture the behind-the-scenes action as projects progress through the project lifecycle in written, graphical, and photographic media for later use in marketing and social media content.
- Write and post company news, events and success stories to all digital properties (website blog, social media, intranet) and endorse through social channels on a daily basis.
- Research, write, edit, and optimize new website content as assigned, while using SEO techniques when editing and rewriting website content to ensure SEO optimization to improve searchability and readability.
- Review content with an accessibility, equity, diversity, and inclusivity perspective to ensure alignment with the Applied Electronics’ commitments.
- Work with various teams internally to develop creative solutions to meet content needs, contribute ideas and develop digital assets in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Write content and support efforts to produce regular digital newsletter.
- Develop, post and maintain Intranet site content.
- Coordinate and execute digital promotions to drive event registrations and attendance, including the creation and execution of necessary digital collateral.
- Execute digital marketing programs/campaigns designed to help the sales team acquire and retain clients, while meeting established timelines.
- Support the Sales team by producing captivating RFP response content, using technical content provided.
- Assist with the creation of marketing and sales-support collateral (digital and print, presentations, case studies, sell sheets, etc.) that are in line with the company’s goals, vision, brand, and messaging.
- Assist with preparing proposals in collaboration with sales staff.
- Identify emergent technologies, resources, trends, strategies, ideas, and opportunities within the web & social space, upon which to develop relevant content & collateral to support & drive sales growth.
- Travel and client site visits will be required.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- Post-secondary degree in a related field
- 5+ years of experience, with at least 3 years of marketing experience
- Experience working with B2B audiences designing, implementing, and measuring digital marketing programs across: website design and content, social media, email marketing, web analytics, search engine marketing and measurement.
- Experience using search engine fundamentals for organic and paid search traffic, with proven experience reaching audiences through content strategies with measurable online success.
- Experience in the technology industry is an asset
- Creative storytelling skill with a discerning eye for photography, composition, cropping, colour and image selection
- Intermediate DSLR photography skills with photographer’s eye for composition and design
- Exceptional video production & editing skills using Adobe Premier Pro, After Effects, iMovie, etc.
- Strong graphic design skills using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, etc.
- Strong content marketer with outstanding copywriting skills (i.e. blogs and articles)
- Superior written & verbal communication in English & French
- Demonstrated experience planning and implementing internal and external communications, with consideration for the audience, intent, and outcome
- Attention to detail and experience with copy editing and proofreading
- Ability to conduct oral presentations to large groups
- Strong presentation design skills using PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong understanding of key social media platforms and how to leverage them for business
- Google Certified with experience applying organic & paid SEO tactics and leveraging social media tools and CMS tools
- Savvy website user interface design and programming skills (HTML, website backend administration platform, SharePoint site)
- Deep understanding of email marketing operations, best practices in email messaging, email technology, delivery strategies & platforms, service providers, list management, and spam regulations
Applied Electronics is an Essential Service Provider of media & communications technology. We have modified operations with protective measures in place to keep our employees safe while we cautiously operate to support other essential service businesses.
Please note that Applied Electronics will, upon request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our recruitment process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those whom best match the above criteria will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- What are your salary expectations for the role?
- Video production: 3 years (preferred)
- Graphic design: 3 years (preferred)
- Marketing: 3 years (required)
- French (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Mississauga, ON
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.