We are looking to hire a talented illustrator to create high-quality artwork for our digital and print media publications. As an illustrator, you are required to work closely with our clients and marketing team to develop inspiring artwork that will attract our target audience. You will be responsible for formulating concepts and rendering draft illustrations from written words, models, sketched ideas, and from your imagination.
To be successful as an illustrator, you should be a highly artistic person with a passion for creative technologies. You should be able to draw, paint and work on digital software in a variety of styles and mediums. Unlike artists, Illustrators have set deadlines and must always communicate with the company and clients on the overall progress and development of the artistic image. Ultimately, an illustrator is a creative individual who can turn concepts into artistic marketable images.
- Brainstorming with the marketing and design team to come up with image ideas.
- Preparing and designing rough draft illustrations according to client specifications.
- Defining any budget or time limitations.
- Creating complete illustrations by combining painting, hand-drawn and digitally created images.
- Refining image design using illustration software.
- Enhancing the design concept using a wide range of colors and graphics.
- Applying complex isometric techniques to add perspective to design shapes.
- Formatting final illustrations using CAD software.
- Ensuring that printed illustrations meet specified color and quality standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts.
- Portfolio of completed illustrations.
- Prior work experience as an Illustrator, graphic designer, or similar.
- Work experience using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Drawing, painting and digital drawing skills.
- Knowledge of image editing and design software such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong conceptual and artistic skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $4,745.70-$5,800.30 per month
- Casual dress
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 4 hour shift
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB R3H 0T5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- design: 1 year (required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.