ARC’TERYX Equipment|ARC’TERYX Equipment
Design Developer 2 – Hardgoods & Accessories (12 Months Contract) Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Design Developer 2 – Hardgoods & Accessories (12 Months Contract) in our company, Arc’teryx Equipment. This vacancy is based in North Vancouver British Columbia Canada. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Design Developer 2 – Hardgoods & Accessories (12 Months Contract) Job
Company: Arc’teryx Equipment
Work Type: Contract
City of work: North Vancouver British Columbia Canada
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-03-21
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Design Developer 2 – Hardgoods & Accessories (12 Months Contract) Job Detail
Your opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
As Design Developer 2, you build fully resolved solutions that align with the original intent and vision of the product design. You are a passionate builder of product and bring your curiosity to find creative solutions for a better way to innovate product. In close collaboration with cross functional teams, you will contribute to concept development from ideation through to seasonal inline, with a focus on our hardgoods and accessories product categories.
This role is based out of our North Vancouver office. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. Please note this is a temporary position with a duration of 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
Meet your future team:
The Hardgoods and Accessories Design team works together on a wide variety of product categories to support our activity collections, including packs, accessories, harnesses, and gloves. You will join a team of builders, problem solvers and passionate outdoor enthusiasts who are fueled by curiosity. We take an immersive approach to identifying future needs, and we build, test, and validate products that solve for real functional challenges. We are innovative problem solvers with a focus on collaborative teamwork.
If you were the Design Developer 2 now, here are some of the core activities you would be responsible for:
- Contributing to Product Design by developing unique and resolved solutions that align with Arc’teryx design philosophies and the original intent and vision for the product
- Building both partial and complete concept prototypes to allow for solutions to be tested, reviewed, and validated
- Producing production level and resolved products, along with the supporting documentation to ensure scalable construction in a bulk production environment
- Collaborating with Design, Pattern Makers and Product Developers to create, document and communicate new concepts, construction processes and techniques to enable manufacturing solutions that meet Arc’teryx product ideals
- Partnering with Pattern Making, Product Development and Fit & Pattern Engineering to validate and implement standards that will ensure consistency across all styles within the line plan
- Testing and documenting the outcomes of various material suitability evaluations
- Providing recommendations on final material selection
- Supporting in the creation of field and wear test samples by providing direction and feedback to the Cutting team
- Collaborate with Pattern Makers, Product and Design Developers on seasonal and special projects as required
- Supporting the onboarding and training of new Design Developer hires
Here are some of the things you could be working on in the future
- Creating 3D sculptural forms using both digital and physical concepting tools to streamline the creation of concept samples
- Collaborating with sample rooms at our factory partners to teach new construction techniques, develop concept samples and resolve patterns
Are you our next Design Developer 2?
- You have 4+ years’ experience working in a technical design environment, ideally focused on hardgoods and accessories
- You have a diploma or degree in Fashion Design, or the equivalent experience
- You have CAD and Gerber pattern making experience
- You have strong sewing, building, and pattern making skills
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Illustrator, with the ability to pick up new computer applications quickly
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues, seeking the best (sometimes not the easiest) solutions with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You effectively balance autonomy and collaboration
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
- A strong knowledge of Arc’teryx products and interest/involvement in activities Arc’teryx makes products for
Arc’teryx is committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance.
Creating an inclusive workplace is connected to our core value Do Right while also having the added benefit of helping make our business better. We believe inclusion helps us to create a healthier, happier workplace, drive creativity and innovation, and reflect the communities where we operate.
All applicants, employees, and guests can expect equality of opportunity and fair treatment in alignment with our values.
Design your Purpose. Live our Values.
DISRUPTIVE EVOLUTION. Design your future through challenge, experimentation, and inspiration.
COMMIT. Set and deliver on bold objectives as we collectively raise the bar.
LIVE IT. Deepen your connection to nature and live your most purposeful life.
LEAVE IT BETTER. Create a better world, together.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.