City of Kawartha Lakes
Develops and implements departmental procedures in order to achieve corporate and departmental strategic objectives. Provides support to supervisory personnel in regard to staffing, training, quality assurance and community outreach.
The City of Kawartha Lakes invites applications to join our Paramedic Services Team as Deputy Chief, Professional Standards.
When you come to work for the City of Kawartha Lakes, you are joining a community of municipal workers who take pride in knowing that every day you are having a positive impact in the community. Our mission is to deliver the highest standards of municipal services while creating a healthy and sustainable future for all Kawartha Lakes’ residents and businesses. We work to our values of Accountability, Respect and Teamwork and we want you to Jump In with us!!
We are an equal opportunity employer which values equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace. We foster a safe and creative work environment, where training and skill development are prioritized, with opportunities and support for career advancement. As a team member at the City of Kawartha Lakes, you may be entitled to the following: flexible work hours, remote and hybrid working arrangements, OMERS pension (defined benefit), employer paid benefits package including short and long term disability income replacement, education reimbursement and other programs that foster innovation, leadership, and career advancement.
The Kawartha Lakes Paramedic Services team is committed to providing compassionate care to our residents who are in need of assistance. We are also committed to promoting healthy communities through education. Reporting to the Chief, Paramedic Services, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of departmental procedures in order to achieve corporate and departmental strategic objectives. In addition to providing support to supervisory personnel in regard to staffing, training, quality assurance and community outreach, this position is the departmental lead in regards to adherence to all related quality standards and requirements.
Salary: $110,442 – $129,202
- Formulates, develops and administers directives, programs, policies and procedures to achieve departmental objectives
- Allocates resources to achieve strategic objectives in such areas as quality assurance, training, community outreach, patient care and overall compliance to the applicable requirements
- Demonstrates leadership in managing and engaging team members, providing feedback and or corrective action
- Measure the delivery, viability, functionality and effectiveness of the Quality Assurance and Training Program to validate continued research development and planning surrounding ongoing quality assurance and training initiatives
- Estimates budget requirements, making recommendations to inform current and future expenditures
- Manages stakeholder interactions in the supply and receipt of information, analysis and resolution of issues
- Handles customer service complaints, facilitating the investigative process, problem solving and responding as appropriate
- Researches, quantifies, facilitates and coordinates delivery of training needs to staff
- Administers public relations activities on behalf of the department, identifying and communicating with all necessary audiences
- Administers public education and training activities
- Prepares comprehensive statistical reports to support department reporting requirements and decision making
- Responsible for the hiring, discipline, dismissal, performance management and training of staff, in consultation with the Director and Human Resources
- Administer the terms of the Collective Agreement, in collaboration with Human Resources
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Post-secondary degree in Paramedicine, Health Care Administration or a related field, plus additional specialized courses in Health Care
- Minimum of 5 years related progressive management experience in paramedic or health care field with at a middle or senior level
- Current Certified Paramedic an asset
- Demonstrated ability to investigate, research, write and present complex reports that can give rise to discipline or other legal actions
- Excellent written communication skills; attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to demonstrate initiative consistently with commitment to quality improvement, sharing process improvement initiatives with management
- Demonstrated time-management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workloads, multi-task, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, the internet and any other related software
- Possess and maintain a valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License
- Possess and maintain the absence of a Criminal Record. (Upon a conditional offer of employment, a Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Search, will be required.)
Communication and Collaboration
Effective communication, cooperation, interpersonal relations/teamwork, supportive environment, demonstrating support and compliance of established polices and processes. Ensuring confidentiality is maintained, in situations where it is expected and policy and procedure require it.
Creativity and Innovation
Thinks beyond the confines of traditional models to recognize opportunities and find new and better ways of doing things, utilizing LEAN and Six Sigma body of knowledge as appropriate.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
Uses critical thinking to evaluate problems, gather information, understand causes, and identify best possible solutions. Invests time in planning, discover and reflection to drive better decisions and continuous improvement.
Superior customer focused actions, both internal and external to the organization, demonstrating ethical, transparent behaviours, respect for others, listening to concerns and taking appropriate actions.
Planning and Results Orientation
Invests time in upfront planning to achieve organizational goals and objectives while meeting quality standards, following the appropriate processes, and demonstrating continuous commitment and improvement.
Strategic Leadership and Execution
Applies vision to think beyond the immediate situation and explores multiple potential paths. Invests time in planning, discovery, and reflection to better drive decisions and more efficient implementation. Ensures that corporate goals are met by executing, monitoring, and adjusting the organizational strategic plan.
Inspires, motivates, and empowers people to achieve organizational strategic goals; coaches, mentors, and manages employee experience, and employee performance, through mindful preparation. Creates space for others to lead.
Models the organization’s values and reinforces the desired culture in support of the achievement of organizational strategic goals.
The ability to assess and mitigate the degree of risk in plans or actions. Makes contingency plans to limit the magnitude of risk. This includes any risk to the organization such as Health and Safety, Financial, Compliance.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.