University of Alberta
This posting is restricted to present college students who’ve accomplished at the least one full yr of their schooling on the College of Alberta
The schedule of hours is 3 – 10 hrs/week to a most of 300 hours throughout contract. Hours will differ relying on program planning levels and should embrace some night work.
Employment interval: Could 13, 2024 – April 30, 2025
Employment kind: Informal Degree 1 – Full Time U of A Scholar
Days of Motion Committee (DOAC) contributes to a wholesome, supportive, compassionate, and inclusive college campus group. We do that via observing six particular world days of motion that relate to psychological well being, wellbeing, and social connection:
- September 10: World Suicide Prevention Day
- October 10: World Psychological Well being Day
- November 21: World Hey Day
- February 20: World Social Justice Day
- March 20: Worldwide Day of Happiness
- April: Annual analysis and overview
Days of Motion committee members are from 20 totally different pupil service models, workers, colleges and pupil teams who work collaboratively to plan and implement programming throughout North Campus, Augustana, and Campus Saint-Jean.
DOAC Internship is a chance to be concerned with work in our campus group that goals to foster elevated understanding of psychological well being points and a compassionate response between our group members to create a extra supportive campus group for all.
As a Working Group Co-Chair, Interns will work with the Days of Motion Chair to supply administrative assist and management to campus primarily based interdisciplinary working teams which might be planning and implementing programming for Days of Motion within the 2024-2025 educational yr.
There are two Internship positions accessible. Every intern will probably be chargeable for co-chairing alternating Days of Motion.
We consider that our programming needs to be accessible, welcoming, and numerous and strongly encourage worldwide college students, BIPOC and 2SLGBTQ+ people to use.
Profitable interview candidates will probably be required to supply two references.
Collaborative: Adaptable, versatile, and works effectively in a workforce setting.
Inventive: likes to seek out new methods of participating with individuals, fascinating concepts, problem-solving expertise, connects totally different concepts in new methods
Neighborhood-minded: Desires to foster a way of belonging and inclusion. Comfy connecting with a variety of group members.
Accountable: Dependable, well timed communication, and shows robust time-management practices, takes accountability for self.
Impartial: Can stay targeted, and productive with minimal direct supervision.
Consciousness: Can replicate and take steps to correctly take care of self, the wants of others, and their relationships. Aware of the function they play in group dynamics or what is occurring round them.
Openness: Dedicated to studying and demonstrating fairness, inclusion, and variety rules.
- Assist undertaking planning, implementation, and analysis of three (3) Days of Motion.
- Planning and attending working group conferences (3-5x month when program planning is energetic).
- Attend month-to-month Days of Motion Committee conferences (4th Wednesday at 1:30pm).
- Liaise with the Communications workforce.
- Carry out administrative capabilities to assist program planning, together with however not restricted to:
- Creating Assembly agendas
- Taking minutes
- Making room bookings
- Sharing updates at committee conferences
- Scheduling conferences required to finish program planning
- Documentation for program planning
- Compile participation information, surveys, and suggestions into undertaking reviews
- Attend/assist programming deliberate for all Days of Motion.
- Different duties as vital.
- Candidates have to be present college students who’ve accomplished at the least one full yr of their schooling on the College of Alberta.
- Have to be enrolled in U of A research from June 2024 – April 2025.
- Candidates should have the ability to work in particular person from North Campus.
- Expertise engaged on groups is an asset.
- Private curiosity in psychological well being and group wellbeing.
- Sturdy interpersonal, organizational, communication (oral and written), and time-management expertise required.
- Flexibility in your research schedule that may enable for workplace hours in the course of the work day. Interns are requested to work three hours every week within the workplace (situated on North Campus) between 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Further time will probably be spent:
- Engaged on admin duties remotely (with the choice of extra in-office time if desired by the intern).
- Attending committee conferences (1:30 – 2:30 on the 4th Wednesday of every month),
- Working group conferences (1h hour every week),
- Implementing programming.
- Month-to-month workforce conferences with broader pupil workers workforce on Wellness Helps
- Occasion and programming expertise appreciated.
- Inventive issues fixing and programming expertise.
- Will attend necessary coaching which is able to happen on the graduation of the function.
- Could have or intends to finish Neighborhood Helpers Coaching .
- Prepared to take part in on-going skilled improvement coaching and supervisions with DOAC Chair.
Fill out this utility kind . The final query on the shape will ask you to add your cowl letter and resume as one file straight within the utility.
Software Deadline: March 3, 2024, 11:59 pm
We thank all candidates for his or her curiosity; nonetheless, solely these people chosen for an interview will probably be contacted.
View or Apply
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.