Canlan Sports|Canlan Sports
Database Analyst Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Database Analyst in our company, Canlan Sports. This vacancy is based in North York ON. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Database Analyst Job
Company: Canlan Sports
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: North York ON
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-04-06
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Canlan Sports is the largest private sector owner and operator of recreational sports complexes in North America. The company’s success in the recreation-entertainment & hospitality industry is attributed to a combination of innovative programming, service delivery leadership and world-class sports complexes. We understand our customers’ need for service excellence and are committed to it.
We are currently looking for a Database Analyst. In this role you’ll be designing and implementing data warehouse and customer data platforms. Working with our finance data analysts, technology, and marketing teams, you’ll be modelling our data management systems and developing data pipelines to provide the business with the data it needs to engage on a personalized level with our customers, and make data driven decisions to continuously improve the way we work.
We are accepting candidates that are located in Toronto or Burnaby for this position.
- Develop, construct test, and maintain data management systems and architectures, such as databases and data warehouses.
- Work with a range of tools and languages to create data pipelines and integrations to connect operational systems, data for analytics, marketing tools and business intelligence (BI) systems.
- Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures under direction of VP, Technology & Innovation and in collaboration with IT team.
- Participate in requirements gathering sessions with subject matter experts and other stakeholders.
- Participate in analysis and design of the data warehouse and facilitates the development of multiple solution options to address the business needs with respect to customer relationship management.
- Obtain an understanding of business processes; modifying and developing new processes required to support adoption and use of the solution developed for users at all levels (e.g., customers, front line staff, back office staff, management, executives).
- Collaborate with vendors to develop proposed solution prototypes in an iterative manner.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for our CRM systems and conduct/manage the knowledge transfer with the testing and development teams.
- Assist the development and testing teams during the execution phase with functional expertise as required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Database Analyst or equivalent.
- Experience in performing data cleansing and validation to ensure quality of data for analysis
- Experience building data visualizations including PowerBI Dashboards and reports.
- Be able to write and amend queries as needed within SQL, NoSQL, and MySQL databases.
- Snowflake data mining and Salesforce Database/Reporting experience are assets.
- Understand the concepts and principles of data modelling and industry-recognised data modelling patterns and standards and when to apply them.
- Have a demonstrable understanding of how to consume data from systems (for example, through APIs).
- Ability to translate data and technical concepts to stakeholders at different levels in a language that they will understand.
- Post-Secondary school diploma or degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience an asset.
- Salesforce.com Administrator or Developer certification is a plus but not required
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial, and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.