Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect millions of entrepreneurs with millions of buyers around the world. As an Etsy Inc. employee – whether a team member of Etsy, Reverb, Depop, or Elo7 – you’ll tackle unique, meaningful, and large-scale problems alongside passionate coworkers, all the while making a rewarding impact and Keeping Commerce Human.
What’s the role?
Etsy is seeking a Data Scientist to join our Analytics team and partner with Product stakeholders to drive success and enhance the product experience for Sellers.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Manager of Seller Experience Product Analytics. For this role, we are considering candidates based in Mexico who are either remote, flex, or office-based. Etsy offers different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team. Learn more about our flexible work options and vaccination policy here.
What’s this team like at Etsy?
- Data scientists at Etsy use rigorous methods to generate insights that inform product, engineering, and business decisions across the company. We collaborate with partner teams through all stages of development: actively uncovering opportunity areas, crafting experiments to test hypotheses, analyzing the impact of our efforts, and highlighting takeaways
- Learning new skills and techniques is not only a requirement but a perk of the job! We are always looking for opportunities to grow. Our mission is to guide our partner teams with data and insights and tell the story of how we attract and retain our users — to teams, to senior management, and to the community
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Work closely with product, engineering, design and research teammates on our Seller Experience product team to create experiences that help Sellers grow their business on Etsy
- Play a meaningful role in deciding how we can best engage Etsy seller through analysis of behavioral and transactional data
- Design and analyze rigorous experiments, help teams set great hypotheses, and deliver robust analysis of experiment results
- Transform raw data into important and impactful analysis characterized by strong data governance, technique clarity, and clear documentation
- Raise the skill level of the entire analytics team through the creation of outstanding work, mentorship, and the introduction of better practices, processes, and tools
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy’s discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- Fluent in English
- 2+ years of experience as a data scientist or data analyst during which you extracted insights from large datasets
- Deep understanding of experimentation theory and practice
- Mastery of SQL, and experience with R/Python and other scripting/automation techniques; bonus points for experience with a BigData ecosystem and Looker, Tableau, or other data visualization software
- You love trying new analytical approaches to answer nuanced questions and advancing your skills is important to you
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please share your resume
with us and feel free to include a cover letter if you’d like. As we hope
you’ve seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety.
We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you!
So tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace furthers
relevance, resilience, and longevity. We encourage people from all backgrounds,
ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity
workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran
status. If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation during any part of the
interview process, please let your recruiter know. While Etsy supports visa
sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
For U.S. roles only:
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you’ll be able to identify which ones
within the location header of each job description. We’re open to remote hires from all
U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.