Kensington Health is a not-for-profit, community-based model of specialized healthcare services that creates consistently better health outcomes by tirelessly pursuing the best ways to respond to unmet health needs within the communities served.
Kensington Health offers a diverse range of services including long-term care, hospice and community care, cancer screening, diagnostic imaging, ophthalmology, and eye tissue processing for transplants.
Kensington Health is deeply committed to being an inclusive place to work, live and receive care. In addition, Kensington Health is a system partner, helping to co-lead and support the Mid-West Toronto Ontario Health Team, and are affiliated with the University of Toronto, Faculty of Medicine.
For additional information about Kensington Health, please visit our website at https://www.kensingtonhealth.org
The Eye Bank of Canada:
The Eye Bank of Canada (Ontario Division) is the provincial organization responsible for the procurement, processing and distribution of ocular tissue within Ontario and is the highest volume eye bank in Canada.
We are seeking a permanent full-time Data Entry/Unit Aide to join the team. The Data Entry/Unit Aide will provide support in accordance with the needs and expectations of the Eye Bank of Canada in compliance with the standards as set out by Health Canada and the Eye Bank Association of America.
- Verifies donor data and outcomes entered into the custom EMR.
- Follows up with internal and external stakeholders regarding information needed to complete and correct data.
- Assigns and provides clarification on data entry requirements to staff on ad hoc basis.
- Provides feedback to management team on performance related to quality of data entry.
- Scans and indexes loose reports/documents into the electronic medical record as needed.
- Documents lot numbers and expiry dates of supplies for entry into the custom database as required.
- Safe disposal of tissue and cleaning of glassware as required.
- Strict adherence to eye bank policies and procedures and adherence to Health Canada and EBAA requirements.
- Participates in routine cleaning and quality control functions (temperature recording) related to equipment, supplies and facilities.
- Responsible for the receipt, acceptance, documentation and stocking of medical supplies and sterilized equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized, detail oriented, meticulous, diligent, and ability to prioritize according to established guidelines.
- Demonstrated motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain and protect patient confidentiality at all times demonstrating use of discretion and sound judgment.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- One-year relevant experience in a lab or hospital environment preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
Required Professional Designation/Certificate:
- High school diploma.
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience.
Pension Plan: Effective start date, employees qualify to enroll in HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan).
Location: Downtown Toronto.
Please submit resumes by 11:59 PM on Sunday, November 27, 2022.
Kensington Health thanks all applicants for their interest in advance however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
- Candidate must be fully vaccinated including 3rd dose:
– Successful candidates will have to provide Kensington Health with a proof of COVID-19 vaccination (religious and medical exemptions may apply).
- Active screening for all staff, residents, and visitors.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE):
– Masks must be worn at all times except when eating (new masks are provided when mask becomes soiled).
– Eye protection (goggles or face shield) required whenever within 6 feet of a resident or there is potential that they will be within 6 feet of the resident.
– Gowns provided when entering the room of an isolated resident (most likely not applicable for this position). – N95 required when in contact with positive residents.
- Social distancing, floor marks and room signage.
- Increased hand hygiene.
- Enhanced cleaning of high touch areas.
- Cohorting staff.
- Audits- universal masking, donning, and doffing, 4 moments of hand hygiene.
- Infection control training.
- Staff who are ill, who come in contact with an ill person, or travelled, are not permitted to report for work and must isolate until cleared by Occupational Health or Toronto Public Health.
- Any positive staff or resident cases are reported to Toronto Public Health who directs on interventions that we must be implemented.
Kensington Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from equity seeking groups. Candidates will be provided with an overview of the various elements of the selection process, such as tests, skills demonstrations, etc. Kensington Health is committed to providing reasonable accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- TORONTO, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- working in a lab or hospital environment: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2022-11-27
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.