2024 iCapital U.S. Summer Internship
Department: Data and Analytics
Location: New York, NY
Help Shape the Future of Fintech in the Global Alternative Investment Space:
iCapital is transforming investing in private equity, private credit, real estate, hedge funds, and structured investments by removing the roadblocks that have prevented greater participation in these private strategies. Join the FinTech company that is disrupting how individuals invest in private capital markets.
Let us invest in you – apply to our summer internship program.
Internship Experience at iCapital
From day one, you will be considered a key member of the iCapital team as you participate in a program where you will make meaningful contributions to our company and get a chance to potentially jumpstart your career with us after graduation.
Key features of our program:
- Inclusive company culture where we create a sense of belonging for everyone
- Exclusive access to the AltsEdge Certificate Program, our award-winning alternative investments education curriculum for wealth managers
- Regular iLearn seminars and platforms demos where you will learn the latest about our products
- A dynamic team project culminating in an end-of-summer presentation to senior management.
- Senior Executive Speaker seminars that provide career development, guidance, and access to top leaders at iCapital
How we have fun while we work:
- Outings with iCapital team members and fellow interns to build connections and grow your network
- Corporate culture and volunteer activities in support of the communities where we live and work
- Rooftop Happy Hours that showcase our impressive view of NYC
About Data Platform team at iCapital:
iCapital’s Data Platform team is building a centralized Data Lakehouse that combines scalable structured and semi-structured data. Data Platform team is the core and base of iCapital Data & Analytics group. We focus on building data that is consistent, secure, scalable and flexible with structure and governance of data warehouse. We source data from various databases(within and outside, structured and unstructured), external vendor feeds, REST APIs into the Data Lakehouse and build data modeling which is leveraged by downstream like Data Science/Machine Leaning, BI & Growth Analytics, Platform Product, other CRM based Integrations. You will be working in a collaborative team environment across product management, and data engineering teams. If you are passionate about data and modeling techniques to drive innovation and have a strong background in developing scalable solutions, we would love to hear from you.
As part of the Data Platform Engineering team, some areas of responsibility may include:
- Working with data platform engineers on projects that apply cutting edge Data Warehouse solutions to business problems
- Implementing ETL and Modeling techniques in production and deploy to our cloud infrastructure.
- Collaborate with various data engineers to understand the data flows, validations and testing
The ideal candidate…
- Passionate about Data and Data Warehouse development
- Possesses a solid understanding of Agile development, object-oriented design, and programming languages
- Able to provide code examples of production ready code
- Experienced in Python, SQL
- Experience with modern cloud infrastructure is highly preferred
- Highly inquisitive, collaborative, and a creative problem solver
- Possesses foundational knowledge of and/or genuine interest in financial markets
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable to take on new responsibilities and be detail oriented
- Technologically savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- A rising senior in a U.S. college/university bachelor’s degree program in related engineering or science fields
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Authorized to work in the United States*
*We are unable to offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program
Pay Rate: $40/hour + relocation stipend and transportation stipend
Candidate Selection Process:
Positions are limited so apply early!
October/November: Rolling resume review and first round interview selection
November/December: First and second round interviews
iCapital in the Press:
We are at the vanguard of using technology to democratize investing in alternatives, but don’t take our word for it. Here’s what others are saying about us:
- Five consecutive years on the Forbes Fintech 50 list, which highlights the most innovative private companies in personal finance, investing payments and crypto assets.
- Back-to-back selection to Forbes’ Best Startup Employers List.
- Two-time winner of the Money Management Institute/Barron’s Solutions Provider of the Year.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork jobsincanada.one LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.