Change the way the world works (and how people feel about data)
As the Internal Data Specialist, be responsible for ensuring the business can leverage our internal data sources, allowing the business to make better decisions, react faster to changes and build confidence in our data and decisions.
Your work will be split between support and project deliverables working with other parts of Phocas IT team and the wider business.
Some of the things you’ll do on your way to world-leading fame:
- Support internal reporting systems and data transformation processes
- Implement new dashboards, report and data sources and improvements to existing data sources
- Identify technical debt and implement solutions to resolve existing issues
- Generate answers to the business’ questions by working with our internal data assets
- Improve business understanding of our data including where it comes from, how it fits together, and the meaning of the data
Some of things you’ll need to turn customers into super geniuses:
Experience working with data analytics products (Phocas, Power BI, etc), and with Microsoft
- Experience designing, developing, and supporting complex data import and transformation processes
- Experience in operating business critical systems, and working in Agile and DevOps teams
- Worked with both technical teams and business stakeholders to achieve desired business outcomes
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and stock options plan
- Benefits include life cover, income protection insurance and subsidised health cover
- Work with some of the best tech talent in Christchurch
- Central location with free parking and easy motorway access
- Flexible hybrid working policy
A bit about us, in the hope you’ll join us.
We’re a business planning and analytics company on a mission to make people feel good about data. Since 2001, we’ve helped thousands of companies turn complex business data into performance boosting results. Despite our now global status of 300 world-class humans, we’ve held on to our start-up roots. The result is a workplace that’s fast, exciting and designed for fun.
We know that fun is different for everyone. So, if you want to experiment with tech, lead a project, champion wellness, or dabble in your homebrew side hustle, you’ll have our full support.
As long as you’re happy, the rest falls into place. Think less stress, higher performance, more energy and all-round nicer human. Your friends and family will be delighted.
Create your happy place.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
To all recruitment agencies: Phocas does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Phocas employees or any other company location. Phocas will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Phocas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.