Points, a Plusgrade company, is a trusted partner to the world’s leading loyalty programs, leveraging its unique Loyalty Commerce Platform and analytic expertise to build, power, and grow a network of ways members can get and use their favourite loyalty currency. Points was acquired by Plusgrade in 2022, making the combined companies the global leaders in ancillary revenue for the travel industry.
Plusgrade powers the global travel industry with its portfolio of leading ancillary revenue solutions. Over 200 airline, hospitality, cruise, passenger rail, and financial services companies trust Plusgrade to create new, meaningful revenue streams through incredible customer experiences. As an ancillary revenue powerhouse, Plusgrade has generated billions of dollars in new revenue opportunities across its platform for its partners, while creating enhanced travel experiences for millions of their passengers and guests. Plusgrade was founded in 2009 with headquarters in Montreal and has offices around the world.
Points is looking for an intermediate or senior Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering team on a permanent basis.
We’re an industry-leading web-based organization that is continuously reshaping how consumers interact with their loyalty programs. We work with the world’s largest airline, hotel, financial, and retail rewards programs, to tackle complex challenges and come up with innovative e-commerce solutions; with the Data Engineering team playing a critical role in this. If you’d like to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Data Engineering, you will:
- Work in a scrum-based team that is passionate about enabling a data culture throughout the organization.
- Design and develop scalable and robust pipelines for data consumption by downstream applications in support of advanced analytics, AI/ML products, and system interoperability.
- Improve upon existing ETL processes, through the use of automated testing and monitoring, to continually enhance data integrity and accuracy.
- Support production systems to deliver a high degree of data availability, consistency, and accuracy.
- Actively participate in solution design and modeling to ensure data products are developed according to best practices, standards, and architectural principles.
- Automate the boring manual stuff!
- Excellent hands-on experience in working with SQL and NoSQL data sets.
- Experience using GUI ETL tools (we use Talend), as well as orchestration tools such as Airflow.
- Experience with data streaming architectures, such as Kafka.
- Working knowledge of DevOps principles such as CI/CD.
- Self-disciplined, eager to help, and most importantly a thirst for continual learning.
- Data consumer focused, constantly driven to exceed stakeholder data and information needs.
- Effective communicator and collaborator, within the immediate team as well as across other organizational units.
Nice to haves:
- Strong knowledge of general software engineering principles and practices.
- Experience with columnar-oriented databases, such as Vertica or Snowflake.
- Experience integrating with services, such as Dataiku and NetSuite.
- Experience with containers and related infrastructure, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with developing data products using data visualization / dashboarding tools like Tableau.
- Experience with RESTful APIs.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Vertica, PostgreSQL, CouchDB
- Talend Cloud
- Tableau, JReports
What we offer:
- Flexible hours
- Extra days off
- Extended health care from day one
- Parental leave top-op
- Fitness Credit
- RRSP Matching Plan
- Learning & Development
- Free coffee, snacks & drinks
- The best Technology
- YOLO leave
- Green Commute or WFH credits
- Company-sponsored activities such as bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
We believe in diversity and inclusivity and that is why our interview process is designed for a positive candidate experience and to ensure every candidate is evaluated equally. All applications will be reviewed from our Talent Team and the successful candidate(s) will go through the following recruitment process:
Recruiter Phone Interview
Hiring Manager Interview
Take-home Assessment or remote coding exercise (If applicable)
All candidates will be provided with feedback regardless if they pass or didn’t pass any of our interview stages. All your information will be kept confidential.
strong class=”helpus”>To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.