We are looking to hire a Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Group. Our data team is responsible for all aspects of data ingestion, storage, transformation, and analysis using modern tools and environments such as Spark, Airflow, Snowflake, Databricks, Kubernetes, AWS, Terraform. You will be working alongside our development and data science teams to help build and manage all of our data artifacts, systems, and product impacts.
- You will contribute to rapidly scaling our data practice to hit our ambitious growth targets
- Your abilities will enable our Data Scientists and Product teams to improve our product offerings
- Through collaboration and mentoring, you will help level up your team members
- You will assist in improving our ability to leverage data through ensuring teams have access to the platforms, tools and data sets required to drive understanding and product improvement
- 5+ years of experience as a data engineer and comfortable using both Python and PySpark
- Excited by the challenges that come with a rapidly growing and scaling company, and have thrived in this kind of environment
- A strong contributor, with the ability to communicate effectively, set a vision for strong execution and delivery.
- Coaching and mentorship is your passion – you thrive on seeing your team members grow and develop personally and professionally
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to take on new challenges, and have a love for continuous learning
- Agile work flow experience
- Experience in the educational software space
- A strong passion for education
- Previous experience scaling in a startup environment
- Platform: AWS, Airflow, Spark (Databricks), DBT, Snowflake
- Languages: Python, PySpark, Go
- Other: Terraform, Kubernetes, Fivetran, Segment.io
Working at Prodigy
- Why Prodigy? Here at Prodigy, our employees are the foundation of our organization – an asset that transforms our mission into a reality! For this reason, we offer our employees a Total Rewards Program that is geared towards their financial, physical and mental well-being.
- Employees receive full health benefits from day one! Including separate allocation for mental health.
- Employee stock options and savings plan
- $500.00 to create your own work from home set-up
- We pride ourselves on constant learning, which is why we offer our employees an annual learning fund of $1200.00
- Prodigy Savings Program (RRSP, TFSA)
- We value wellness, so in addition to wellness classes and benefits, we also offer an additional $720.00 fund to all employees
- Flexibility to choose whether you work from home or in-office, based on what works best on any given day
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly “no meeting day” Tuesdays
- Extended long weekends throughout the year!
- Want to work from anywhere in the world? We offer 4 weeks of “work from anywhere” per year!
- Follow us @ProdigyCareers and Instagram to learn more, or visit our website at www.prodigygame.com to view additional benefits and perks and our Culture Blog. #LI-SM1, #LI-Hybrid
Please note: the privacy and security of our users are of the utmost importance to us, and all employees will be expected to act in accordance with Prodigy’s stringent security policies.
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Education will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.