At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Data Architect, Corporate IT
Job location: This position is to be hired in Canada and will be remote unless you live in the Ottawa area in which the role will be hybrid with a minimum of working in the office 2 to 3 days a week. This is a 16 month term position.
About the team
As the Data Architect of Kinaxis’ Corporate Information Technology team, you will be a leader in designing and implementing data solutions to drive and support Kinaxis global business by enabling them to make intelligent business decisions. As a technical expert, you will be key in developing a Center of Excellence and mentoring other technical resources. The successful candidate will collaborate with skilled and enthusiastic team members to develop a world class data environment. In addition, identification and assisting in the management of vendors to provide software and IT services.
What you will do
- Define the technical data architecture with cross-functional teams that enable consistency and scalability
- Design, develop and deploy data warehouse solutions for the business, driving initiatives focused on data preparations, data integration, data exploration, ETL /ELT development, and advanced data modeling techniques.
- Understand data technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business needs
- Partner closely with leadership and business stakeholders as a trusted and influential evangelist to identify important questions, define key metrics, cultivating a data driven decision making culture
- Take ownership of complex or time critical support issues.
- Participate in an IT environment that is focused on security by design, education, and communication.
What we are looking for
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience as a data architect
- Deep understanding of data and information architecture, including experience with Big Data, Cloud Base Analytics, streaming and batch data processing
- Deep knowledge and experience with Snowflacke
- Deep knowledge of data modelling (Dimensional vs Relational) and ETL/ELT development processes and tools i.e., Informatica, SAP, Microsoft, …
- Experience deploying and operating global IT infrastructure with remote users
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex, technical concepts to executive staff, business sponsors and technical resources in clear concise language
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work – We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People – We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact – As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at [email protected]. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
strong class=”helpus”>To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.