SSENSE (pronounced [es-uhns]) is a global technology platform operating at the intersection of culture, community, and commerce. Headquartered in Montreal, it features a mix of established and emerging luxury brands across womenswear, menswear, kidswear, and Everything Else.
SSENSE has garnered critical acclaim as both an e-commerce engine and a producer of cultural content, generating an average of 100 million monthly page views. Approximately 80% of its audience is between the ages of 18 to 40. It is privately held and has achieved high double digit annual growth and profitability since its inception.
Reporting to the Associate Manager of Data Visibility, the Data Analyst is responsible for translating business requirements into technical reporting requirements across product movements. They will be paired with a business process owner counterpart to ensure that process, metrics, and visualisation are fused together to enhance decision making and performance management across all of Operations. This foundational work serves as the blueprint for the evolution of people, process, technology, and data to ensure that SSENSE delivers a world-class fulfillment experience to its customers while setting a high standard for safety, quality, operational excellence, cost efficiency and employee engagement.
The ideal candidate is passionate about Operations, developing data pipelines and key performance indicators to power reporting, and crafting compelling data visualisation for efficient consumption and powerful insight extraction.
Business Reporting – 25%
- Collaborate with the Associate Manager and Business Process Owner to capture reporting needs; help design a reporting and dashboarding strategy that meets the current needs of business owners, as well as anticipated future data interrogations
- Engage in the development of standard design principles for dashboards, reporting, and workflow visualisation across all of Operations
- Help build, develop, and maintain reports, dashboards and data automation systems
- Participate in BI platform and BI tools integration projects
- Migrate SAAS, excel sheets and CSV reports to interactive and automated dashboards
Data analysis – 75%
- Analyse and trace business data lineage from its source, through its transformations, to its final usage in reports
- Support in the design, development, and maintenance of various user-friendly dashboards in Tableau, Power BI, open-source visualisation apps, etc., using multiple reproducible data sources, stored procedures, views, calculations, parameters, and overall performance
- Execute on actionable objectives, translated from customer reporting requests, including identifying criteria, fields, grouping, summary options, time frames and other components required to build a successful report
- Evaluate and improve the data quality and completeness of the data available in the enterprise data lake
- In collaboration with domain experts, help to design, document and implement metrics, KPIs and data calculations
- Provide support to develop specification documents to guide the data ingestion, validation, transformation and aggregation processes for new data sources
- Help support Data Engineers in the implementation of data pipelines and participate in the validation processes
- Contribute to the data cataloguing effort and ensure adherence to data governance processes
- Collaborate with Software/ Data Architects, Data Engineers, Business Analysts, Data Scientists to drive key strategic data initiatives for the improvement of data lake and analytics infrastructure
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Software Engineering, or another relevant field
- 2-3 years experience in analytics, business intelligence, data engineering, or a similar role, specifically working with SQL and relational database
- 1+ years of experience with data visualisation tools,including, but not limited to, Tableau, AWS QuickSight, etc
- Experience using data visualisation to communicate insights effectively to a variety of stakeholders
- Technical expertise in information design principles and data visualisation methods, best practices, and software packages and APIs such as Tableau or equivalent analytics tools
- Experience with other data manipulation technology an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Creative thinker with excellent problem solving abilities
- Team player with solid interpersonal skills
WORLD CLASS TECHNOLOGY
Technology is at the core of everything we do at SSENSE. Driven by an engineering mindset and a problem-solving attitude, we blend fashion with technology to deliver an unparalleled experience to our customers as we build seamless, custom solutions to deliver the SSENSE offering.
WORLD CLASS TEAM
The SSENSE tech team is responsible for an international headless commerce platform. Working in an agile environment, our squads are made up of experienced innovators in Product Management, QA, Design, DevOps, Software Development, Machine Learning, Data Engineering, and Security. Headquartered in Montreal, our technology organization has been growing at a rate of 2X year-over-year and is doubling once again in 2021 as we expand across Canada, US, and Europe.
WORLD CLASS PLATFORM
The SSENSE platform runs on Amazon Web Services making use of serverless microservices across web, mobile and app. Our event-source architecture already achieves over 10,000 requests / second and growing at an unmatched pace, currently unseen across the industry. Our data-driven culture of innovation empowers every product team across the tech organization to explore building, testing and learning with the latest in Machine Learning techniques. Our automated continuous improvement DevOps model (making use of both blue / green and canary deployments) results in an average of 50 production releases every day.
Read more about us on our SSENSE Tech Blog.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.