Our bottom line is different.
There’s something special about working at ATB, and it’s been recognized on every top employer list that matters. Maybe it’s our exceptional culture where your total wellness is supported through market-leading benefits and you’re free to bring your whole self to work. Maybe it’s our commitment to a growth mindset and our unrelenting thirst for making it possible for fellow Albertans—even the ones who aren’t our clients.
Whatever it is, you won’t find a more genuine, driven and knowledgeable group of humans anywhere. We foster a culture of purpose, performance and possibilities. We engage with intense curiosity, and bring our whole selves to work, every day. We know it starts with people like you, so take a chance and start with us.
Department: Risk Management
Job Number: REQ5834
Location: Calgary (This is a hybrid opportunity, working approx. 1-3 days/week in-office at Eighth Avenue Place) #LI-Hybrid
Apply by: March 14, 2023
# Positions available: 1
System Job Title: Market Risk Manager 5
Leader Name: Director, Market Risk
Reporting to the Director, Market Risk, the Data Analyst will support, develop, and recommend improvements for ATB’s market and asset & liability management risk reporting and analysis.
As a critical member of ATB’s second line of defence, the analyst will help monitor and provide insights into ATB’s derivatives and securities risk through supporting the development of ATB’s scenarios and stress testing capabilities.
As a cross-functional member of the market and liquidity risk team, the analyst will work closely with key stakeholders in the Financial Markets Group, Treasury Capital Markets and Balance Sheet Management, Corporate Credit, as well as Operational and Model Risk Management teams.
As ATB’s next Data Analyst, you will find success based on your ability to contribute to the second line of defence function in the following areas:
- Development, maintenance, and management of ATB’s data lake pertaining to derivatives profitability, risk metrics, and market data
- Risk management monitoring, analysis, and the development of visualisations / reporting
- Liaising closely with internal and external stakeholders for regulatory governance, and business requirements
- Ad-hoc work as required, including: development of new processes, testing of new products, calibration of risk limits, ongoing operational requirements, and resolving system issues or defects
- 1-3+ years business experience working collaboratively within a financial institution
- Aptitude for learning demonstrated with a undergraduate STEM, Business, or Computer Science, or certifications in Data Analytics
- A keen interest in financial markets and risk management demonstrating the following attributes:
- Understanding macroeconomic impacts
- Understanding asset classes and dependencies (e.g., FX, IR, Commodities)
- Familiarity with risk models and statistical methods
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with data and programming languages (e.g., Excel/Google Sheets, SAS, VBA, Tableau, DEEP, Python, SQL)
At ATB, we know that as you develop in your career, you gain many transferable skills. If you believe your experience and qualities are what we are looking for, please consider applying.
Interested? If you know one of our team members, reach out to them BEFORE applying and ask them for a referral link to help your application stand out.
Online applications are preferred. Please reach out if you require any accommodations.
Be great. Be you. Believe.
We are dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the diversity within our communities and creating an environment where every team member has what they need to reach their potential. We encourage candidates from all equity-seeking groups to apply.
What happens next?
Thank you for applying online. If you are shortlisted for this opportunity, you will hear from us after the posting close date regarding next steps. We might ask you to participate in a digital interview or phone interview. If you require any accommodations, please let us know.
Stay in touch!
ATB is excited to know you’re interested in a career with us! Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram to get the inside scoop on what our team is up to.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.