Willis College is a professional development and education institution, providing skills training for experienced professionals and those starting a new career. Since 1866, we have sought to empower and support governments, businesses, and technology organizations—by creating and sustaining highly sought-after skills programs that have proven to lead to meaningful careers.
What We Have to Offer
· $45 – $50. per hour, full-time hours per week
· Professional Development privileges
· Extended health, dental, and vision care
· Life and disability insurance
· Employee assistance program
· Vouchers for passing industry certifications
· Access to curricula, courses, resources, materials, libraries, as well as leading security hardware equipment and software.
· Relocation package to move to Ottawa.
Willis College is looking to hire an experienced, permanent full-time Cyber Security Analyst Instructor for our Ottawa Campus—someone who is passionate about technology and security, and eager to share this knowledge and expertise with the next generation of leaders in the field. Willis College will include a relocation package for the successful candidate to move to Ottawa, Ontario.
Duties & Responsibilities Related to Student Instruction:
· Employing a variety of student-centred, active learning techniques designed to engage students
· Demonstrating a mastery of Cyber Security subject matter, incorporating this practical experience in teaching lessons, issuing relevant assignments, and class activities
· Incorporating up-to-date subject-matter expertise that reflects current trends in this field of study
· Displaying expertise by clarifying abstract and complex ideas using relevant examples and analogies
· Utilizing qualitative inquiry methods and experiential instructional techniques, to engage with students and enrich their skills’ sets
· Employing instructional technology and active learning approaches to enhance the learning experience
· Evaluating students’ academic performance, using a variety of College-approved assessments and techniques.
· Providing suggestions for LMS links and other useful multimedia, e.g., updates to labs, software, and courseware
· Assisting with the development of the College’s curricula, e.g., contributing course materials for use in the approved curriculum
· Completing faculty surveys, participating in curriculum meetings, and making recommendations for constructive changes
· Participating in program and institutional effectiveness assessments
· Presenting the College’s academic programs in positive light to applicants and the wider community.
· Keeping regular office hours for meeting with students; and by referring them to the appropriate persons and resources when needed
· Performing administrative duties in a timely manner, e.g., taking attendance, entering midterm and final grades, and attending scheduled campus and College-wide faculty meetings
· Contacting students who have missed classes promptly, and documenting this in the learning management system
· Maintaining classrooms and computer/skills labs.
Professional Service Responsibilities to the College:
· Exhibiting knowledge of, and support for, our College Catalog and program-specific academic policies; and complying with all academic and regulatory policies
· Modeling professionalism and engaging in continued professional development qualifications’ programs through ongoing education
· Attending Graduation Ceremonies and other campus activities as required—such as staff meetings, open houses, student award ceremonies, and so on
· Representing the College in a positive manner to internal and external constituents.
Education, Experience & Technical Skills Required
· Four-years’ cyber security experience is required; 7 to 12-years’ industry experience is preferred.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in but not limited to Computer Science, or Computer Programming, Information Science or Computer Engineering from a recognized Canadian university, college or the equivalent is a definite asset
· CompTIA Security +, CCNA Security Windows Server 2012 or above, Linux, CYSA+ certifications are considered highly desirable assets.
· Three-years’ teaching is preferred
· Systems administration; security frameworks; and security audit compliance
· Vulnerability Management and Assessments, Network Security, Cloud Security
· Incident response, business continuity, disaster recovery, digital forensics, and problem management skills
· Scripting and automation with Python, Ruby, Perl, Java Script, SQL
· Enterprise authentication and enterprise management technologies; Windows Active Directory, LDAP Network administration knowledge in DNS, VPN, Load Balancing, LAN, WAN, VLAN, Firewall, WAF, IPS, IDS, VMWare
· Network and security protocols, TCP/IP, OSI Models, HTTP(S), Cryptography
· Experienced with Packet Tracer and Virtual Machines (Hyper-V, VMware or VirtualBox)
· AWS services: Identity and access management, Databases
· Networking, Windows 2012 and above, Linux, Cisco routers and switches, Linux, Firewalls (Fortinet)
· Tools such as tcpdump, WinDump, Wireshark, Snort, Zeek…
· Thorough expertise with Antivirus/IDS/IPS/firewall operations
· Experience with developing capture the flag events
Interested in Working at Willis College?
At Willis College, we are dedicated to skills-training excellence that leads to lasting training and career employment skills. As one of the best colleges in Canada suited to the ever-changing and emerging demands of the labour market, we are always looking for talented, enthusiastic individuals who love to teach, and who sincerely want to make a real and lasting difference in people’s lives.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45.00-$50.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.