Customer Service Agent
Looking for a people-focused role that offers something different? A chance to make the most of your friendly, helpful personality? More variety and a faster pace to your day? Then you’ll love being a Customer Service Agent with British Airways.
Our airports are buzzing places where you’ll always be on hand for our customers, as a trusted ambassador for our brand. The focus is listening to concerns, fixing problems, and making journeys smoother.
Our customers always appreciate an easy airport experience. So, your contribution really will matter. Whatever the situation, you’ll go the extra mile to answer queries and sort out hitches, while adding little personal touches along the way. It’s about making people feel special by showing you care and always treating them as individuals.
What you’ll do as a Customer Service Agent
If you’re calm under pressure, and naturally helpful, this will be a great career opportunity.
You’ll be welcoming customers then guiding them through the customer journey on the ground: check-in, departure, boarding and disembarkation. Key duties include:
- Providing full-service check-in helping customer with self-service systems and luggage drop.
(this often involves helping customers with using technology and their e-tickets) Resolving any queries and problems efficiently – such as issues with luggage or ticket details Overseeing security processes (visas, passports, ESTA etc.), and helping ensure the safety and security of customers
- Supervising embarking and disembarking
- Selling British Airways products
- Providing advice and guidance on British Airways services and airport facilities
What you need to join us
It takes special qualities to be a British Airways ambassador. Experience in a customer service role is an advantage, but we are most interested in your skills, motivations and personal characteristics.
- You will bring a strong customer focus, a friendly, helpful personality and a positive, team-orientated attitude.
- Resilient in the face of difficulty, you will have the self-confidence to work to tight timescales, adapt to changing circumstances and customize your interactions to each individual.
- You will be tech-savvy and able to advise others on using new technologies.
- You’ll be happy to take the initiative to get things right for our customers and anticipate potential challenges.
- You need a good standard of numeracy, effective verbal and written communication and strong IT skills.
Working at British Airways is about supporting each other to always be our best. We listen and do the right thing, create moments that show we care, and share our knowhow to make a difference.
There are four commitments that our whole team share:
- Be safe and secure, always
- Be passionate about service
- Be confident
- Be trusted advocates of British Airways
Reward package details:
Our people are proud to work for us. They give their all for our customers and each other. So it’s important to us that everyone feels valued for playing their part. That’s why our rewards go far beyond salaries. You can look forward to a Total Reward Package featuring attractive medical (including vision) and dental plans for you and your dependents, life insurance and retirement plan. And yes, there are travel benefits too.
We offer world-class training and development opportunities, plus a competitive salary. You’ll also receive a generous annual leave allowance and impressive benefits package.
Hourly wage: 18.00, plus a diff. rate of .45 which brings the total wage to $18.45
Annual Leave: 10 days per year prorated from start date
Hours of work: 20 hours per week
Shifts: Our most common shifts are afternoons and evenings, including weekends and holidays
Must be 18 years of age or older and have unrestricted right to live and work in Canada without Sponsorship.
Must pass a ten-year background check in order to obtain and retain an airport authority ID.
Must be willing and able to work shifts, mainly covering afternoons and evenings. These operate over a 7-day pattern, so you could have shifts that fall on weekends and holidays.
Please note we do not sponsor visa applications, conduct interviews abroad nor reimburse travel or hotel expense. We do not offer relocation assistance. Please bear this in mind if you decide to continue with your application.
Right to Work
Must have unrestricted right to live and work in Canada without sponsorship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
Please confirm on your response to this job posting that you meet the following requirements:
- You have unrestricted right to live and work in Canada without sponsorship. We will check this at your assessment.
- You are available to work 20 hours a week, on shifts covering mainly afternoon and evening shifts, that will include weekends and holidays.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Pay: $18.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
As these roles are located in airports, all team members and customers are required to wear a mask. Surfaces are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- Please confirm you have the unrestricted right to live and work in Canada.
- Secondary School (required)
- English (required)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.