Please check with the Find out how to Apply for a Job (for Exterior Candidates) job support for directions on the way to apply.
In case you are an energetic McGill worker (ie: at the moment in an energetic contract or place at McGill College), don’t apply via this Profession Web site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting utilizing the Discover Jobs report (kind Discover Jobs within the search bar).
EDPI 341 Instruction in Inclusive Colleges
Curriculum and Instruction: Creating, planning, implementing and evaluating efficient studying packages for numerous learners, and consideration of their extra common applicability. Adapting curriculum and instruction for learners with various talents, studying kinds, and wishes. Collaboration with college students, households, and different educators (or stakeholders) within the tutorial course of. Utility of diversifications on the classroom and faculty degree for all college students in inclusive colleges.
CL Credit: 3 (This course is just not team-taught)
Variety of Positions Obtainable: 1
Time period: Fall 2023
Course Dates: 15-Sep to 24-Nov
Schedule: Fridays, 8:45am – Midday & Wed, Oct 4, 8:45 – Midday (in individual).
Location: Kanehsatà:ke, QC.
Floor transportation between Montreal and Kanehsatà:ke will probably be coated by the Workplace for instructors who require it.
Educating Qualification Necessities:
- Grasp’s or PhD in Academic Psychology, Human Growth, Utilized Psychology, Little one Growth, Medical Psychology, or equal (in distinctive circumstances candidates and not using a Grasp’s diploma however with important analysis or skilled expertise associated to the course content material could also be thought of).
OFNIE Further Necessities:
- In distinctive circumstances, candidates and not using a Grasp’s diploma however with important analysis or skilled expertise associated to the course content material could also be thought of.
- Data of academic and psychological theories
- Data of the applying of academic and psychological theories to genuine settings
- Expertise in school/college instructing on this topic
- Skilled expertise in instructing Ok-12
- Data of Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (MEES) necessities
- Data of the ideas of Inclusive Schooling
- Coaching and expertise working in colleges with college students with numerous wants
OFNIE extra necessities :
- Knowledgeable information in fact content material as outlined within the course description
- Data of the Quebec Schooling program (QEP) and the curriculum of the partnering faculty board with whom this course is being giving in collaboration
- Familiarity with the 13 skilled competencies specified within the Ministère de l’Éducation
- Expertise as a trainer, administrator, or advisor within the partnering faculty system for which this course is being delivered
- Expertise instructing within the Quebec elementary faculty system
- Earlier profitable expertise instructing related course(s) to pre-service lecturers
- Earlier profitable expertise instructing related programs in Indigenous communities
- Expertise creating curriculum, tutorial approaches and/or coverage grounded in Indigenous information and pedagogies.
- Data of the influence of colonialism on Indigenous communities and confirmed document integrating pedagogical approaches anchored to fairness, range and inclusion.
- If the applicant has taught this course precisely as soon as beforehand, she/he will need to have had passable instructing evaluations on this course that meet the Division’s expectations. This requirement doesn’t apply to candidates who’ve taught the course at the very least twice
- If the applicant has not taught this course beforehand, however has taught within the hiring unit beforehand, she/he will need to have had passable instructing evaluations that meet the Division’s expectations
- Adherence to evolving program necessities regarding course content material and program-developed competencies; course content material and references should replicate probably the most present advances within the area
OFNIE extra necessities :
- This course have to be modified to the academic, social, and cultural context of the neighborhood wherein it’s being delivered.
- Have to be out there to attend course coordination and planning assembly minimal of two weeks upfront of the course begin date
- Most popular candidate can have demonstrated cultural consciousness of and sensitivity to Indigenous points in First Nations and Inuit contexts and connection to First Nations and Inuit communities
Efficient dates of appointment are September 8, 2023 to November 24, 2023. Course dates are September 8, 2023 to November 24, 2023.
This course will probably be provided in-person in Kanehsatà:ke, QC.
You might be coated by the working circumstances specified within the McGill Course Lecturers and Instructors Union collective settlement; https://www.mcgill.ca/hr/information/hr/mcliu_collective_agreement_-_final_version_for_printing_0.pdf .
The College might, at its discretion, assign an individual of its alternative to offer this Course/Educating.
McGill College is an English-language college the place most instructing and analysis actions are carried out within the English Language, thereby requiring English communication each verbally and in writing.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions you could have.
Workplace of First Nations and Inuit Schooling
Instruction in Inclusive Colleges
EDPI 341 710
Fridays, 8:45am – Midday & Wed, Oct 4, 8:45 – Midday.
Deadline to Apply:
McGill College hires on the idea of benefit and is strongly dedicated to fairness and variety inside its neighborhood. We welcome purposes from racialized individuals/seen minorities, girls, Indigenous individuals, individuals with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and individuals of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, in addition to from all certified candidates with the talents and information to productively have interaction with numerous communities. McGill implements an employment fairness program and encourages members of designated teams to self-identify. Individuals with disabilities who anticipate needing lodging for any a part of the applying course of might contact, in confidence, [email protected] .
View or Apply
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.