Please confer with the How you can Apply for a Job (for Exterior Candidates) job help for directions on how you can apply.
If you’re an lively McGill worker (ie: at the moment in an lively contract or place at McGill College), don’t apply by means of this Profession Website. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting utilizing the Discover Jobs report (kind Discover Jobs within the search bar).
EDPI 309 Numerous Learners
Curriculum and Instruction: Ed Psych & Couns (Inclusive) : Inclusion debates; evaluate of the evolution of the historical past of inclusive training; fashions of growth ( eco-systemic fashions); traits, educating practices; academics’ roles in inclusive school rooms. Overview of traits, causes, wants, and educating methods for numerous and distinctive college students, educating and studying for variations in mental, emotional, behavioural, sensory, bodily and studying domains present in efficient inclusive school rooms. Working with households.
CL Credit: 3 (This course just isn’t team-taught)
Variety of Positions Accessible: 1
Time period: Fall 2023
Course Dates: 28-Nov to 14-Dec
Weeks 1 & 3 (In Particular person): T,W & R, 9am-12pm & 1:30pm-4:00pm;
Week 2 (On-line): T & R, 9am-12pm
756 – Waskaganish
Journey (flight), taxi fare/mileage, flight, lodging and per diem lined by the Workplace for instructors who require it.
Educating Qualification Necessities (TQRs):
- Grasp’s or PhD in Instructional Psychology, Human Improvement, Utilized Psychology, Little one Improvement, Scientific Psychology, or equal.
OFNIE Extra Necessities:
- A Grasp’s diploma (in distinctive circumstances candidates with no Grasp’s diploma however with important analysis or skilled expertise associated to the course content material could also be thought-about)
- Data of academic and psychological theories
- Data of the appliance of academic and psychological theories to genuine settings
- Expertise in faculty/college educating on this topic or skilled expertise in educating Ok-12
- Data of Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (MEES) necessities
- Data of the ideas of Inclusive Schooling
- Coaching and expertise working in colleges with college students with numerous wants.
OFNIE Extra Necessities
- Skilled data in fact content material as outlined within the course description
- Data of the Quebec Schooling program (QEP) and the curriculum of the partnering faculty board with whom this course is being giving in collaboration.
- Familiarity with the 13 skilled competencies specified within the Ministère de l’Éducation
- Expertise as a instructor, administrator, or marketing consultant within the partnering faculty board for which this course is being delivered.
- Expertise educating within the Quebec elementary faculty system
- Earlier profitable expertise educating comparable course(s) to pre-service academics
- Earlier profitable expertise educating comparable programs in Indigenous communities.
- Expertise growing educational approaches and/or coverage grounded in Indigenous data and pedagogies.
- Data of the impression of colonialism on Indigenous communities and confirmed file integrating pedagogical approaches anchored to fairness, variety and inclusion.
- If the applicant has taught this course precisely as soon as beforehand, she/he will need to have had passable educating evaluations on this course that meet the Division’s expectations. This requirement doesn’t apply to candidates who’ve taught the course no less than twice
- If the applicant has not taught this course beforehand, however has taught within the hiring unit beforehand, she/he will need to have had passable educating evaluations that meet the Division’s expectations
- Adherence to evolving program necessities regarding course content material and program-developed competencies; course content material and references should mirror probably the most present advances within the subject
OFNIE Extra Necessities
- This course have to be modified to the tutorial, social, and cultural context of the neighborhood through which it’s being delivered.
- Should be out there to attend course coordination and planning assembly minimal of two weeks prematurely of the course begin date
- Most popular candidate may have demonstrated cultural consciousness of and sensitivity to Indigenous points in First Nations and Inuit contexts and connection to First Nations and Inuit communities.
Efficient dates of appointment are 28-Nov to 28-Dec . Course dates are 28-Nov to 14-Dec , 2023 .
This course is obtainable in-person and on-line in Chisasibi, Mistissini, and Waskaganish following the schedule above.
You’re lined by the working situations specified within the McGill Course Lecturers and Instructors Union collective settlement; https://www.mcgill.ca/hr/fi les/hr/mcliu_collective_agreement_-_fi nal_version_for_printing_0.pd f
The College might, at its discretion, assign an individual of its alternative to provide this Course/Educating.
McGill College is an English-language college the place most educating and analysis actions are carried out within the English Language, thereby requiring English communication each verbally and in writing.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions you could have.
Workplace of First Nations and Inuit Schooling
EDPI 309 756
Waskaganish (EM, Nem)
Wk 1 & 3: T,W & R, 9am-12pm & 1:30pm-4:00pm; Wk 2 (On-line): T & R, 9am-12pm
Deadline to Apply:
McGill College hires on the premise of advantage and is strongly dedicated to fairness and variety inside its neighborhood. We welcome purposes from racialized individuals/seen minorities, ladies, Indigenous individuals, individuals with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and individuals of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, in addition to from all certified candidates with the abilities and data to productively interact with numerous communities. McGill implements an employment fairness program and encourages members of designated teams to self-identify. Individuals with disabilities who anticipate needing lodging for any a part of the appliance course of might contact, in confidence, [email protected] .
View or Apply
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl//motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.