Please confer with the The best way to Apply for a Job (for Exterior Candidates) job support for directions on how one can apply.
If you’re an energetic McGill worker (ie: at the moment in an energetic contract or place at McGill College), don’t apply via this Profession Web site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting utilizing the Discover Jobs report (kind Discover Jobs within the search bar).
EDPI 309 Various Learners
Curriculum and Instruction: Ed Psych & Couns (Inclusive) : Inclusion debates; overview of the evolution of the historical past of inclusive schooling; fashions of improvement ( eco-systemic fashions); traits, instructing practices; academics’ roles in inclusive school rooms. Overview of traits, causes, wants, and instructing methods for numerous and distinctive college students, instructing and studying for variations in mental, emotional, behavioural, sensory, bodily and studying domains present in efficient inclusive school rooms. Working with households.
CL Credit: 3 (This course shouldn’t be team-taught)
Variety of Positions Obtainable: 1
Time period: Fall 2023
Course Dates: 28-Nov to 14-Dec
Weeks 1 & 3 (In Particular person): T,W & R, 9am-12pm & 1:30pm-4:00pm;
Week 2 (On-line): T & R, 9am-12pm
756 – Waskaganish
Journey (flight), taxi fare/mileage, flight, lodging and per diem lined by the Workplace for instructors who require it.
Instructing Qualification Necessities (TQRs):
- Grasp’s or PhD in Instructional Psychology, Human Growth, Utilized Psychology, Little one Growth, Scientific Psychology, or equal.
OFNIE Further Necessities:
- A Grasp’s diploma (in distinctive circumstances candidates with no Grasp’s diploma however with vital analysis or skilled expertise associated to the course content material could also be thought-about)
- Data of academic and psychological theories
- Data of the appliance of academic and psychological theories to genuine settings
- Expertise in school/college instructing on this topic or skilled expertise in instructing Okay-12
- Data of Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (MEES) necessities
- Data of the ideas of Inclusive Schooling
- Coaching and expertise working in colleges with college students with numerous wants.
OFNIE Further Necessities
- Skilled data after all content material as outlined within the course description
- Data of the Quebec Schooling program (QEP) and the curriculum of the partnering college board with whom this course is being giving in collaboration.
- Familiarity with the 13 skilled competencies specified within the Ministère de l’Éducation
- Expertise as a trainer, administrator, or marketing consultant within the partnering college board for which this course is being delivered.
- Expertise instructing within the Quebec elementary college system
- Earlier profitable expertise instructing related course(s) to pre-service academics
- Earlier profitable expertise instructing related programs in Indigenous communities.
- Expertise growing tutorial approaches and/or coverage grounded in Indigenous data and pedagogies.
- Data of the influence of colonialism on Indigenous communities and confirmed file integrating pedagogical approaches anchored to fairness, range and inclusion.
- If the applicant has taught this course precisely as soon as beforehand, she/he should have had passable instructing evaluations on this course that meet the Division’s expectations. This requirement doesn’t apply to candidates who’ve taught the course at the least twice
- If the applicant has not taught this course beforehand, however has taught within the hiring unit beforehand, she/he should have had passable instructing evaluations that meet the Division’s expectations
- Adherence to evolving program necessities regarding course content material and program-developed competencies; course content material and references should mirror essentially the most present advances within the subject
OFNIE Further Necessities
- This course should be modified to the academic, social, and cultural context of the group wherein it’s being delivered.
- Should be accessible to attend course coordination and planning assembly minimal of two weeks prematurely of the course begin date
- Most popular candidate can have demonstrated cultural consciousness of and sensitivity to Indigenous points in First Nations and Inuit contexts and connection to First Nations and Inuit communities.
Efficient dates of appointment are 28-Nov to 28-Dec . Course dates are 28-Nov to 14-Dec , 2023 .
This course is obtainable in-person and on-line in Chisasibi, Mistissini, and Waskaganish following the schedule above.
You might be lined by the working circumstances specified within the McGill Course Lecturers and Instructors Union collective settlement; https://www.mcgill.ca/hr/fi les/hr/mcliu_collective_agreement_-_fi nal_version_for_printing_0.pd f
The College might, at its discretion, assign an individual of its alternative to offer this Course/Instructing.
McGill College is an English-language college the place most instructing and analysis actions are carried out within the English Language, thereby requiring English communication each verbally and in writing.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions you’ll have.
Workplace of First Nations and Inuit Schooling
EDPI 309 756
Waskaganish (EM, Nem)
Wk 1 & 3: T,W & R, 9am-12pm & 1:30pm-4:00pm; Wk 2 (On-line): T & R, 9am-12pm
Deadline to Apply:
McGill College hires on the idea of benefit and is strongly dedicated to fairness and variety inside its group. We welcome functions from racialized individuals/seen minorities, ladies, Indigenous individuals, individuals with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and individuals of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, in addition to from all certified candidates with the talents and data to productively interact with numerous communities. McGill implements an employment fairness program and encourages members of designated teams to self-identify. Individuals with disabilities who anticipate needing lodging for any a part of the appliance course of might contact, in confidence, [email protected] .
View or Apply
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.