Please discuss with the How you can Apply for a Job (for Exterior Candidates) job help for directions on easy methods to apply.
In case you are an lively McGill worker (ie: at the moment in an lively contract or place at McGill College), don’t apply by way of this Profession Website. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting utilizing the Discover Jobs report (sort Discover Jobs within the search bar).
EDPI 309 Various Learners
Curriculum and Instruction: Ed Psych & Couns (Inclusive) : Inclusion debates; evaluate of the evolution of the historical past of inclusive training; fashions of growth ( eco-systemic fashions); traits, educating practices; academics’ roles in inclusive lecture rooms. Overview of traits, causes, wants, and educating methods for various and distinctive college students, educating and studying for variations in mental, emotional, behavioural, sensory, bodily and studying domains present in efficient inclusive lecture rooms. Working with households.
CL Credit: 3 (This course just isn’t team-taught)
Variety of Positions Accessible: 1
Time period: Fall 2023
Course Dates: 28-Nov to 14-Dec
Weeks 1 & 3 (In Individual): T,W & R, 9am-12pm & 1:30pm-4:00pm;
Week 2 (On-line): T & R, 9am-12pm
741 – Mistissini
Journey (flight), taxi fare/mileage, flight, lodging and per diem lined by the Workplace for instructors who require it.
Educating Qualification Necessities (TQRs):
- Grasp’s or PhD in Academic Psychology, Human Growth, Utilized Psychology, Little one Growth, Medical Psychology, or equal.
OFNIE Extra Necessities:
- A Grasp’s diploma (in distinctive circumstances candidates with no Grasp’s diploma however with vital analysis or skilled expertise associated to the course content material could also be thought-about)
- Information of academic and psychological theories
- Information of the appliance of academic and psychological theories to genuine settings
- Expertise in faculty/college educating on this topic or skilled expertise in educating Okay-12
- Information of Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (MEES) necessities
- Information of the ideas of Inclusive Training
- Coaching and expertise working in faculties with college students with various wants.
OFNIE Extra Necessities
- Skilled data in fact content material as outlined within the course description
- Information of the Quebec Training program (QEP) and the curriculum of the partnering faculty board with whom this course is being giving in collaboration.
- Familiarity with the 13 skilled competencies specified within the Ministère de l’Éducation
- Expertise as a trainer, administrator, or advisor within the partnering faculty board for which this course is being delivered.
- Expertise educating within the Quebec elementary faculty system
- Earlier profitable expertise educating related course(s) to pre-service academics
- Earlier profitable expertise educating related programs in Indigenous communities.
- Expertise creating educational approaches and/or coverage grounded in Indigenous data and pedagogies.
- Information of the impression of colonialism on Indigenous communities and confirmed report integrating pedagogical approaches anchored to fairness, variety and inclusion.
- If the applicant has taught this course precisely as soon as beforehand, she/he will need to have had passable educating evaluations on this course that meet the Division’s expectations. This requirement doesn’t apply to candidates who’ve taught the course at the very least twice
- If the applicant has not taught this course beforehand, however has taught within the hiring unit beforehand, she/he will need to have had passable educating evaluations that meet the Division’s expectations
- Adherence to evolving program necessities regarding course content material and program-developed competencies; course content material and references should replicate probably the most present advances within the subject
OFNIE Extra Necessities
- This course should be modified to the tutorial, social, and cultural context of the neighborhood wherein it’s being delivered.
- Should be obtainable to attend course coordination and planning assembly minimal of two weeks upfront of the course begin date
- Most popular candidate could have demonstrated cultural consciousness of and sensitivity to Indigenous points in First Nations and Inuit contexts and connection to First Nations and Inuit communities.
Efficient dates of appointment are 28-Nov to 28-Dec . Course dates are 28-Nov to 14-Dec , 2023 .
This course is obtainable in-person and on-line in Chisasibi, Mistissini, and Waskaganish following the schedule above.
You might be lined by the working circumstances specified within the McGill Course Lecturers and Instructors Union collective settlement; https://www.mcgill.ca/hr/fi les/hr/mcliu_collective_agreement_-_fi nal_version_for_printing_0.pd f
The College might, at its discretion, assign an individual of its selection to offer this Course/Educating.
McGill College is an English-language college the place most educating and analysis actions are carried out within the English Language, thereby requiring English communication each verbally and in writing.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions you will have.
Workplace of First Nations and Inuit Training
EDPI 309 741
Mistissini (OJ, Waswanipi)
Wk 1 & 3: T,W & R, 9am-12pm & 1:30pm-4:00pm; Wk 2 (On-line): T & R, 9am-12pm
Deadline to Apply:
McGill College hires on the premise of benefit and is strongly dedicated to fairness and variety inside its neighborhood. We welcome purposes from racialized individuals/seen minorities, ladies, Indigenous individuals, individuals with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and individuals of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, in addition to from all certified candidates with the talents and data to productively have interaction with various communities. McGill implements an employment fairness program and encourages members of designated teams to self-identify. Individuals with disabilities who anticipate needing lodging for any a part of the appliance course of might contact, in confidence, [email protected] .
View or Apply
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.