Please consult with the The way to Apply for a Job (for Exterior Candidates) job support for directions on how you can apply.
If you’re an lively McGill worker (ie: presently in an lively contract or place at McGill College), don’t apply by means of this Profession Website. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting utilizing the Discover Jobs report (sort Discover Jobs within the search bar).
EDPE 300 Instructional Psychology
Curriculum and Instruction: Chosen theories, fashions, and ideas related to planning and reflecting upon academic apply and enchancment. Overview of growth, studying, considering, motivation, particular person distinction, and so forth. In relation to functions in classroom instructing and studying, the complementary position of counsellors and psychologists, academic computing and expertise. The Youth Safety Act.
CL Credit: 3 (This course is just not team-taught)
Variety of Positions Obtainable: 1
Time period: Fall 2023
Dates: October 31 – November 16, 2023
Weeks 1 & 3 (In Particular person): T,W & R, 9am-12pm & 1:30pm-4:00pm;
Week 2 (On-line): T & R, 9am-12pm
741 – Mistissini
Journey (flight), taxi/mileage, lodging and per diem lined by the Workplace for instructors who require it.
Educating Qualification Necessities:
- Grasp’s or PhD in Instructional Psychology, Utilized Cognitive Psychology, Studying Sciences, Human Growth, or equal
OFNIE Further Necessities:
- A Grasp’s diploma (in distinctive circumstances candidates with out a Grasp’s diploma however with vital analysis or skilled expertise associated to the course content material could also be thought of)
- Data of academic and psychological theories
- Data of the applying of academic and psychological theories to genuine settings
- Expertise in school/college instructing on this topic or skilled expertise in instructing Ok-12
- Data of Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (MELS) necessities
OFNIE Further Necessities:
- Skilled data after all content material as outlined within the course description
- Data of the Quebec Schooling program (QEP) and the curriculum of the partnering college board with whom this course is being giving in collaboration.
- Familiarity with the 13 skilled competencies specified within the Ministère de l’Éducation
- Expertise as a trainer, administrator, or guide within the partnering college board for which this course is being delivered.
- Expertise instructing within the Quebec elementary college system
- Earlier profitable expertise instructing comparable course(s) to pre-service academics
- Earlier profitable expertise instructing comparable programs in Indigenous communities.
- Expertise growing educational approaches and/or coverage grounded in Indigenous data and pedagogies.
- Data of the impression of colonialism on Indigenous communities and confirmed file integrating pedagogical approaches anchored to fairness, variety and inclusion.
- If the applicant has taught this course precisely as soon as beforehand, she/he will need to have had passable instructing evaluations on this course that meet the Division’s expectations. This requirement doesn’t apply to candidates who’ve taught the course no less than twice.
- If the applicant has not taught this course beforehand, however has taught within the hiring unit beforehand, she/he will need to have had passable instructing evaluations that meet the Division’s expectations.
- Adherence to evolving program necessities regarding course content material and program-developed competencies; course content material and references should replicate essentially the most present advances within the discipline.
- OFNIE Further Necessities:
- This course have to be modified to the academic, social, and cultural context of the neighborhood during which it’s being delivered.
- Should be accessible to attend course coordination and planning assembly minimal of two weeks prematurely of the course begin date.
- Most well-liked candidate may have demonstrated cultural consciousness of and sensitivity to Indigenous points in First Nations and Inuit contexts and connection to First Nations and Inuit communities.
Efficient dates of appointment are October 31 – November 30, 2023. Course dates are October 31 – November 16, 2023.
This course can be supplied in-person and on-line in Chisasibi, Wemindji, and Mistissini following the schedule above.
You might be lined by the working situations specified within the McGill Course Lecturers and Instructors Union collective settlement; https://www.mcgill.ca/hr/information/hr/mcliu_collective_agreement_-_final_version_for_printing_0.pdf .
The College might, at its discretion, assign an individual of its selection to provide this Course/Educating.
McGill College is an English-language college the place most instructing and analysis actions are carried out within the English Language, thereby requiring English communication each verbally and in writing.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions you could have.
Workplace of First Nations and Inuit Schooling
EDPE 300 741
Mistissini (OJ, Waswanipi)
Wk 1 & 3: T,W & R, 9am-12pm & 1:30pm-4:00pm; Wk 2 (On-line): T & R, 9am-12pm
Deadline to Apply:
McGill College hires on the idea of benefit and is strongly dedicated to fairness and variety inside its neighborhood. We welcome functions from racialized individuals/seen minorities, ladies, Indigenous individuals, individuals with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and individuals of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, in addition to from all certified candidates with the abilities and data to productively have interaction with numerous communities. McGill implements an employment fairness program and encourages members of designated teams to self-identify. Individuals with disabilities who anticipate needing lodging for any a part of the applying course of might contact, in confidence, [email protected] .
View or Apply
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.