The Counsellor will work within a multi-disciplinary team to provide prevention, assessment, referral, clinical counselling and follow-up services to individuals and family members affected by personal, addictions and mental health issues. This role will also provide education to individuals and groups in the Community with a focus on mental health related topics, such as suicide prevention, anxiety and depression. The Counsellor will be familiar with other services and resources in the Community and work closely to provide information and support when required.
· Provide trauma informed, mental health counselling and support to individuals, families, and groups in the community.
· Maintain a comprehensive understanding of crisis management and the impact of trauma on mental health
· Provide outreach counselling in the Community
· Accept and make referrals to outside agencies
· Prepare needs and risk assessments
· Coordinate and facilitate educational workshops on mental health related topics
· Prepare funding proposals for mental health programs and initiatives, as requested
The successful candidate is a Registered Social Worker in good standing with the British Colombia College of Social Workers, or Regulated Health Professional specializing in counselling with a minimum of 5 years experience working with people struggling with mental health and/or addiction problems. Previous experience working in a First Nation or Aboriginal environment is an asset. Proof of a clear criminal record and vulnerable sector check, clean driver’s abstract and a Valid Class 5 License.
Salary will commensurate with experience from a range of ($72 – 103,000K) and includes a favorable benefits package and pension plan. Hours of work are generally Monday to Friday 8:30 – 4:30, 7 hours per day/35 hours per week.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $72,000.00-$103,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Language training provided
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cranbrook, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Master’s Degree (preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.