A little bit about GeoComply
At GeoComply, our mission is to empower the future of digital trust. We operate at the center of a new generation of cybersecurity companies, leveraging today’s geolocation data to make better risk-based decisions. Working as a critical piece of the security infrastructure for some of the world’s largest tech companies like DraftKings, FanDuel, the BBC, and Akamai, we are the global market leader for compliance-grade geolocation data and a critical piece of the decision engine. We have big plans for the next few years, including a targeted US IPO and various M&A opportunities.
At the heart of it all is people – we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees, customers, and partners.
The opportunity: Vancouver, B.C.
Full-time: 40 hours/week
Start date: January 2023
Duration: 12-16 weeks
As part of our mission, GeoComply periodically executes a planning exercise that seeks to expose the initiatives that are most important to the success of the business and, to align the organization around the successful delivery of those initiatives.
The Objectives and Key Results process spans the breadth of the organization and provides an exceptional opportunity for the successful applicant to gain a broad understanding of the GeoComplys business.
As a Corporate Planning Intern, you will be working alongside key members of the executive team to help ensure that the OKRs are well documented and that progress towards the successful completion of the OKRs is well documented.
You will take part in a variety of planning and prioritization meetings with the overarching goal of helping to ensure that the 2023 OKR process is well executed across the organization.
This role is perfect for someone who is well organized, has an interest in understanding business planning and process and possesses keen interpersonal skills and a desire to learn in a fast-paced environment.
What You Will Be Doing
- Gaining a deep understanding of GeoComply’s Corporate Planning OKR process and how it is implemented across the organization.
- Assisting the Project Management Team to effectively manage the implementation of the 2023 OKRs across the organization.
- Gathering an understanding of the tools and processes the business uses to track and monitor OKRs across the organization.
- Participate in executive meetings by taking notes and collaborating cross-functionally
- Conduct research and create reports on various topics based on the needs of the team.
- Maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality as you will often be working with sensitive information
- Educated. Working towards a degree in business, marketing, project management, communications, technology, science, general arts or similar field of study.
- Discrete. You demonstrate the ability to maintain a high level of integrity, discretion, and confidentiality of sensitive, complex information.
- Analytical. You have an eye for detail and have the ability to interpret data into simple, intuitive information.
- Detail-oriented. You have a keen eye for the little things, and you’re comfortable working in granular details.
- Organized and agile. You have excellent organization, prioritization, and time management skills. You have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment to support a rapidly growing technology company.
- Exceptional communication skills. Whether it is written or verbal, people know what you mean, what you are asking for, and what is expected.
- Proficient. You are proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and G Suite Programs (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides)
Bonus Points if you:
- Are a wizard in Jira, Confluence, and Atlassian.
- You are great at turning vague aspirations into actionable plans
What you will gain from this experience
- High level of exposure across the executive team
- Deep understanding of the Corporate OKR process
- Insight into GeoComply’s business and mission
- Project management experience
Let us share why we think you’d love working with us.
We have a track record of success and a vision and a plan for a promising future. GeoComply has close to 100% market share for player location regulatory compliance in the US gaming space. And we have fuelled that momentum with the expansion into new markets – media & entertainment and fintech.
We are proud of our values and we live them in all of our actions, conversations, and work: There’s always a way; Together we can do more; Aim higher. Then higher; Act with integrity; For the greater good.
We are proud to be part of a global team that develops award-winning solutions for some of the world’s largest and most innovative companies.
We will support you on your learning journey. We invest in employee career growth and development. Our learning & development commitment includes leadership and technical development, a substantial budget for education and training, as well as dedicated work hours for self-study.
We care about our team. Our GeoComply team is talented, has a bias for action, and is known for its positive attitude and energy. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits package.
We care about giving back to the communities in which we live and work. GeoComply supports a broad range of community initiatives through donations and employee volunteer activities.
We know that work can be fun. We take the time to create employee events and experiences where everyone can connect and celebrate.
Now What? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We Can’t Wait To Meet You.
At GeoComply, we live our value of Act with Integrity. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion. We know that diversity of experience and thought has led to connection, innovation, and our company’s success. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities.
We care about your privacy and want you to be informed about your rights. Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice before applying for the position
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.