We have a vacancy of Corporate Banking (Global Trade & Banking) Winter 2023 Co-Op in our company, CIBC. This vacancy is based in Toronto Ontario Canada. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Corporate Banking (Global Trade & Banking) Winter 2023 Co-Op
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Toronto Ontario Canada
URL Expiry: 2022-11-25
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What you’ll be doing
As a student on our Global Trade & Banking team, you will be making a real difference to our clients while gaining exposure to Trade Finance, Payment Solutions and Relationship Manager coverage through interactions with teams in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
Global Trade & Banking is responsible for two product areas: Trade Finance, Payment Solutions, and Global Banks coverage business. Trade Finance provides CIBC corporate clients with access to a range of short term credit products designed to support global trade and help clients enhance liquidity on their balance sheet. Within this team, you will provide support to the development and growth of the Capital Markets Trade Finance business by working closely with CIBC internal partners.
Details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview.
- You are enrolled in an undergraduate degree in Business, Commerce, Finance, Economics or related at the time of the work term.
- Applications should include your resume (no more than 2 pages), cover letter (no more than 1 page) and an unofficial transcript all uploaded to the Resume/CV section of the application.
- Please indicate your expected graduation date on your resume.
- Location: Toronto. Please note all employees must work within their current jurisdiction and must reside within Canada. All CIBC Co-Op positions require you to be based in Canada for the duration of the term.
- Duration of Work Term: 4 months (January 2023 – April 2023)
- This job posting closes on Oct 2nd 2022 at 11:59PM EST.
How You’ll Succeed
- Communication and Relationship Management – You will support the team with payment clearing relationships with global partner banks on of CIBC and payment product support for the Global Trade and Banking team and other CIBC stakeholders.
- Process Improvement – You will be responsible to manage CIBC’s foreign currency clearing arrangements with Correspondent banks to reduce costs, improve service quality and manage various aspects of the correspondent banking systems application.
- Growth and Development – You will identify sales opportunities for payment products for clients across Capital Markets.
Who You Are
- You have demonstrated interest in Capital Markets – You are highly motivated, accomplished and success-oriented individual who has a keen interest in pursuing a career in the financial services industry demonstrated through school courses, clubs and/or related work experience.
- You’re digitally savvy. You are proficient in MS-office suite of tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You’re confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You are organized and work gracefully under pressure. You can juggle multiple tasks and prioritize work to make timely decisions and take appropriate action.
- You’re driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don’t. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support your need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
What You Need To Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact [email protected]
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Toronto-161 Bay St., 8th
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Communication, Creativity, Customer Service, Detail-Oriented, Financial Analysis, Managing Partner Relationships, Microsoft Office, Problem Solving, Process Improvements, Teamwork, Time Management
strong class=”helpus”>To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.