Canadian Rheumatology Association
Reporting to the Manager, Educational Programs and Events, the educational and program events Coordinator will be responsible for providing fulsome and critical program support to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Canadian Rheumatology Association’s educational programs, events and committees.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the effective handling and coordination of key educational programs
- Working in partnership with the Manager to ensure the smooth, efficient and effective running of the annual scientific meeting.
- Ensuring the effective handling and coordination of key projects including industry funded special projects.
- Supporting the Manager with the continuing professional development (CPD) accreditation application process (initial review, application processing/troubleshooting, administration).
- Supporting the Manager and coordinating the several Operational Committees and Programs.
- Logistical planning for the programs listed above.
- This position requires some work in evenings to attend Committee meetings.
Required Skills & Experience:
- The successful candidate will hold a diploma in administration, with a minimum of three (3) years of related experience gained from a busy office environment.
- Excellent administrative and project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to balance competing priorities.
- High level of professionalism and integrity with the ability to handle confidential and discreet information.
- Strong relationship management skills – ability to interact professionally, positively and authentically with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Positive and enthusiastic “can do” attitude towards the organization, stakeholders and work.
- Client-centred approach.
- Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Understanding of the healthcare and non-profit landscape desirable.
- Bilingualism in English and French languages is a strong asset.
Please note that this is a full-time contract role, working remotely, with occasional in-person meetings in the GTA, and in-person attendance at conferences in Canada and the United States as required. The successful applicant must be available to attend the CRA annual conference for up to 1 week per year at various locations throughout Canada.
If you have a real passion for adminstration and organization, and are interested in this exciting job opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume by 5pm EST on December 2, 2022.
The Canadian Rheumatology Association is committed to accommodating any applicant with a disability, as required by law, during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their expression of interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You are encouraged to visit our website at www.rheum.ca.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ontario: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Administration: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: Remote
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.