At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 23,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
This position reports directly to the Mine Operations Superintendent.
What you will do:
- Design method to collect and track CI/OE ideas, work with leadership to identify priorities
- Identify, validate and analyze data on current processes and identify gaps and how to close/collect appropriate data
- Work with stakeholders to identify success criteria for CI/OE and how to track
- Identify key risks to production plan and works with the mine department to develop mitigation plans
- Participate in strategy discussions with the mine administration team to align on vision and annual targets for the mine
- Work with other sites to recognize CI/OE initiatives to bring to Allan and to share with other sites work from Allan
- Engage at all levels of mine employees when developing ideas and implementing solutions
What you will bring:
- Leadership skills in creating positive workforce – supervisor and employee engagement
- Effective communication skills in; reporting to senor leaders, engaging stakeholders (hourly, colleagues and cross different functional groups), reporting at GF meetings
- Strong desire to lead culture of continuous improvement and process to sustain the mine
- Workshop facilitation skills
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Collaborative team player with ability to build trust quickly
- Ability to create agreement across multiple departments
- Excellent problem-solving skills and proven work ethic
- Ability to develop and adapt new concepts and innovate approaches
- Previous experience working in continuous improvement role or team
- Certification in Lean/six Sigma is an asset but not required
- Some education/training in lean/six sigma is an asset
- Proven ability to work across different functional groups
- Knowledge and/or previous experience in the underground mining environment would be an asset
- Supervisor experience in the mining environment would be an asset
Are you a good match? Apply today!
The estimated salary that Indeed, Glassdoor and LinkedIn suggested does not represent Nutrien’s compensation structure.
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
This job will remain posted until filled. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.