About Vancouver Island Ferry Company (VIFC)
Hi! We’re the Vancouver Island Ferry Company, a modern Canadian ferry company transforming how we travel in British Columbia.
It’s all about being an easier, faster, and more modern ferry experience. VIFC will provide service between downtown Nanaimo and downtown Vancouver. We’re talking comfortable and reliable sailings in around 70 minutes, a seamless booking process complete with reservable seats, and refreshments that will be just that…fresh. Say goodbye to the biggest pain points of travel and be ready to be welcomed aboard with a smile and a “hello”.
VIFC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are strongly committed to diversity and inclusion in our organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and any other category protected under applicable law. We welcome all qualified applicants who contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
The VIFC Culture
We are obsessed with the guest experience! We aim to raise the bar in everything we do and will encourage employees to innovate and never settle for the status quo. Data and continuous improvement are key tenets of the organization. VIFC strives to create a fun and engaging environment where you can help shape the future of the organization. From top to bottom, each member of the VIFC team will be engaged across the company and even get direct experience on the vessels.
About the Role
This is a brand-new sparkling role, and the successful candidate will be key in helping to shape the position. The Content Creator will play a highly visible and integral role in the development of the Vancouver Island Ferry Company, its communication and content strategy. This opportunity is ideal for someone looking to story tell, create and deliver impactful work. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Content Creator will have experience working with revenue management, operations, corporate development, and technology to support the launch of our new, game changing service.
The primary focus of the Content Creator is the strategy, and creation of captivating content to engage our guests. We want modern stories and content to intrigue and inspire our guests. The Content creator must be a storyteller across many mediums and have some experience in graphic design, photography, and supplier management for larger projects. With a heavy focus on data and the guest experience, the Content Creator will support the development of reports on the performance of communication and social campaigns through KPIs and brand metrics.
– The Content Creator will support the management and execution of the strategic communication plan and objectives for the corporate and service brand, with a major focus on the social media channel.
– Leads the development and design of new and on-going content and media programs designed to increase awareness and build reputational trust
– Develops an array of multi-media content including photography, design, videography, and educational materials
– Coordinates and collaborates on activities within marketing, such as go-to-market, creative and digital along with internal stakeholders and leadership to develop and communicate key campaigns and messaging
– Conducts research and analysis, gathers information, authors articles and stories, edits content, and adapts material to brand format, tone, voice and style
– Conduct research, case study analysis, and rationalize data to support decision making
– Support the execution of commercial and go-to-market plans
– Support the planning and execution of extraordinary events and projects
– Track communications metrics/KPIs, develop reporting including analytics and brand sentiment
We’re Here for You
We get it – sometimes things happen in life that you can’t control. At VIFC, people are our greatest asset, and we want to support you and those you care about beyond the paycheque. That’s why we’ve created a comprehensive health and wellness benefits program to promote your physical and mental well-being so you can perform at your best. Better yet, it’s flexible since one size doesn’t fit all!
– 100% VIFC-paid premiums
– A robust, flexible health spending account – use it for additional health coverage should you need it and/or to support your personal wellness (like paying for your gym membership, sporting equipment, or activity classes)
– Don’t have a family doctor? No worries – we offer 24/7 virtual access to doctors or nurse practitioners to get medical advice or a prescription
– VIFC contributions to your RRSP
What We’re Looking For
– 3+ years of social media management, content creation and design experience
– Storyteller – we’re looking for a passionate storyteller who understands our audience and how to delight them
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– A natural curiosity, humility, and hunger for growth
– Process oriented and obsessive over details – you take pride in knowing all the details and ensuring accuracy
– A passion for tourism & travel and connecting people by marine transportation
– Diploma or Degree in Marketing, Communications, Visual Arts or portfolio of relevant experience
– Experience in graphic design and photography considered a strong asset
– Experience in videography and editing considered an asset
Job Type: Full-time
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.