Taro Pharmaceuticals INC, Canada
Location: Taro Pharmaceauticals CAN
Company: Taro Pharmaceuticals INC, Canada
The main responsibilities of this position include cleaning, setting up and operating manufacturing equipment as part of the process of compounding pharmaceutical creams, ointments and liquids.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Complete G.M.P. documents, such as the Batch Record, cleaning & sanitizing logs, housekeeping logs and other documents / log records pertaining to manufacturing.
- Follow safety rules/regulations and report any workplace injuries or accidents. Assist when required to improve equipment safety related procedures. Wash and sanitize compounding rooms and vessels.
- Compounding batches as per SOP’s and Master Formulas. Report discrepancies and deviations in a timely manner to compounding lead hand or supervisor.
- Dispense raw materials when required.
- Perform accurate inventory transactions using the ERP system, SAP.
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment. Familiar with 5S processes and Lean Manufacturing Concepts.
- Participate and assist with continuous improvement projects and processes.
- Work safely and accurately with a focus on completing tasks and documentation right first time.
- Assist with the training of new compounders.
- Perform start-up and shutdown procedures for all vessels.
- Perform minor repairs to the facility and equipment where applicable.
- Perform verification checks for equipment (scales, mixers, pH meters) used in manufacturing as per predefine time periods.
- Assist Validation or Pharmaceutical Technology staff with new formulations and scale ups.
- Assist with investigations where necessary.
- Notify compounding lead hand and mechanic in a timely manner if equipment parts and compounding consumables are low in quantity.
- Required to perform other duties as assigned
Hours of work
3 shift rotation every 2 weeks
- Days – Monday to Friday inclusive from 6:00 a.m. through to 2:00 p.m.*
- Afternoons – Monday to Friday inclusive from 2:00 p.m. through to 10:00 p.m.*
- Nights – Monday at 10:00 p.m. through to Saturday at 6:00 a.m. (inclusive)*
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities*
- Previous experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Post-secondary education in scientific discipline is preferred or 5 years of experience in a pharmaceutical environment.
- Excellent math skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes. Must be comfortable with use of tablets and trainable on associated programs (MES, SAP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate and work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Strong understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (G.M.P.) requirements.
- Must be able to actively listen and receive coaching and applicable training.
Job Type: Full-time
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.