Centurion Canada Infrastructure Inc.
COMMUNITY RELATIONS – SPECIALIST
The Community Relations Specialist is primarily responsible for overseeing the planning, organizing and managing efforts to represent CENTURION in the area of Community Relations. The successful candidate will maintain and develop community partnerships, manage community relation programs and events, with primary attention directed towards Indigenous communities.
The role will work closely with the estimating team, field operations managers, finance group and division vice presidents to develop, administer, manage and promote Indigenous partnerships that expand the organizations social purpose.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Oversee and direct CENTURION’s external community relations program ensuring consistent delivery of community programs
- Provide oversight to Indigenous Relations program to ensure compliance to Group Anti Bribery and Corruption Policy and Ethics Policy
- Preparation, review and administration of all partnership agreements
- Provide expertise and leadership on best practices, policies, and principles associated with the implementation and development of community engagement and public relations strategies
- Manage projects, campaigns, and events through the entire marketing/promotion lifecycle
- Ensure our Corporate Social responsibility initiatives are in place and are followed
- Support Business Development and marketing with the development of short and long term community relations and social marketing strategies that reach targeted audiences
- Consult with operations, colleagues and stakeholders to identify strengths, needs and priorities for enhancing community relations
- Prepares annual operating budgets for initiatives
- Attends conferences or training opportunities that are relevant to the position within approved budgetary guidelines
- Ability to travel regularly is a requirement
- University degree in Commerce, Community Development, Communications, Business Administration, or a related field
- Knowledge or experience in contract law is a definite asset
- A minimum of 5 years experience in community development, communications/public relations, project management, working with a budget, and working with community organizations with a primary focus on indigenous communities
- Familiarity with social media for marketing purposes; ability to build both traditional marketing strategies as well as digital
- Comfortable working with multiple stakeholders including front line staff and senior management and is able to facilitate discussions and build consensus
- Possess strong negotiation skills
- Must be self-motivated and have proven ability to practice good judgment in making decisions both independently and within a team
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective communication skills and cultural awareness
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills are required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license
Centurion Canada Infrastructure is an integrated services contractor known for our ability to deliver remote access, environmental and infrastructure construction services and maintenance across Western Canada. We implement new technologies that enhance performance and results. With qualified professionals and a large fleet of equipment, we are equipped to manage projects of all sizes across all sectors. Centurion offers an extensive suite of construction services, driven by continuous improvement, project planning, quality and safety.
As part of the Centurion group of companies, our Vision is to build a successful global & sustainable rental and services company to critical industries. Our Values are an intricate part of our success; we are looking for team members with the same visions and values.
‘WE DO THE RIGHT THING’
‘WE DO WHAT WE SAY’
‘WE GO THE EXTRA MILE’
‘WE WORK TOGETHER’
Please visit www.centurioncinf.com for more information
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Relocation assistance
- RRSP match
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.