Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
Department of Physics
Under the supervision of the Curator of the Departmental Museums, the incumbent will be providing support to the museums. This includes the Rutherford museum and the McPherson Collection of old scientific instruments. The work will consist of:
• Help to complete the museum database, in particular finding information and collecting data about the roughly 700 items in our collection and produce the short text related to these instruments.
• Add – Enter data using the museum database of recently acquired
• Maintain and improve the web presentation of our collection.
• Produce an on-line guide to our museum.
• Produce a new brochure about our museums
• Provide assistance in guiding museum visitors when the curator is not available
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities
Computer literate. Writing skill in English. Interest in the history of science especially physics. Manual ability to handle fragile instruments. Familiarity with Web
designing and related software is a plus. Experience and education: a BSc or higher degree in Physics.
“Knowledge of French and English: McGill University is an English-language university where day to day duties may require English communication both verbally and in writing. The level of English required for this position has been assessed at a level # (qualifier) on a scale of 0-4.”
How to Apply:
- External candidates (no current or active working appointments with McGill), utilize your personal email address and NOT your mail.mcgill.ca address or mcgill.ca) to create a profile through the external link: https://mcgill.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/mcgill_careers
- Internal candidates: (you currently have an active position at McGill), utilize your mcgill.ca email address through his/her Workday Welcome Homepage:
- Click on the Careers application, then Find Jobs, followed by searching for the position – Click on “Apply”
- Ensure you are connected to VPN before logging into Workday
Minimum Education and Experience:
High School Diploma 2 Years Related Experience
(AMUSE C) $25.00
Estimated Number of Work Hours per Week:
8 (Part time)
Position Start Date:
Position End Date:
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, [email protected] .
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.