University of Alberta
This place is part of the Non-Tutorial Workers Affiliation (NASA).
This place has a time period size of 1 12 months plus a day with a risk of renewal and provides a complete advantages bundle which will be seen on our Advantages Overview web page .
Beneath the direct supervision of Dr. Yuxiang Chen, the Communications and Grant/ Technical Author will be answerable forhelping with the preparation of grant proposals and studies, scientific publications, conferences, and different varieties of technical communications to help the analysis and administrative actions of a number of college members.
It will contain serving to to coordinate preparation of huge proposals, helping division college members with the preparation of funding requests, writing parts of grant submissions, technical modifying/reviewing of grant submissions written by others, facilitating the submission of grant proposals, and the upkeep of information and technology of studies associated to the grant submission exercise of the Division of Civil and Environmental Engineering. The Communications and Grant/ Technical Author may even help with different technical and scientific writing wants (e.g., journal articles, white papers).
- Collaborate with particular person college and workers members who search assist in finding funding alternatives for his or her concepts
- Edit, write, and coordinate grant proposals, manuscripts, and different paperwork associated to tutorial analysis
- Determine alternatives for peer-reviewed funding, find appropriate candidates, present help with grant preparation, and work with Principal Investigators (PIs) and different workers to make sure well timed submission of proposals in order to maximise exterior funding for the analysis packages
- Improve proposal high quality previous to submission (e.g. pre-review of editorial and technical facets); reduce preparation burden on PIs
- Develop and facilitate an environment friendly proposal manufacturing course of to incorporate conducting efficient venture planning; coordinate proposal groups; pre-award grant writing/proposal modifying
- Analysis institutional and sponsor insurance policies and laws to make sure profitable implementation in accordance with grant contract phrases and company necessities and compliance
- Put together drafts of proposals, together with venture narratives, finances, and different supporting documentation, in a well timed method to fulfill grant utility deadlines
- Drafting of supportive paperwork; coordinate, as wanted, with the varied funding companies on grant administration points
- Edits, proofreads, or assists with writing studies (technical, progress, and so on.) for submission to collaborators or funding companies
- Edit extremely technical paperwork (e.g., convention and journal papers and theses) to excessive requirements, generally beneath tight deadlines
- Keep correct and well timed information to trace progress of a number of initiatives and deliverables.
- Carry out different duties inclusive as assigned
- Uncover and implement finest practices
Alongside together with your resume, please submit a canopy letter that outlines why you imagine you’re the proper particular person for this place. Additionally, in your cowl letter, please present an in depth reply to the next query:
“How will you contribute to a tradition of belief, effectiveness and execution within the College of Engineering?”
Functions obtained with no cowl letter is not going to be thought-about. Functions obtained with a canopy letter that doesn’t particularly tackle these essential objects may even not be thought-about.
View or Apply
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl//motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.