Since 2012, GRNE Solar has been designing and installing commercial and residential solar systems across the Midwest. As a growing organization and now a Nelnet company with branch locations in 5 different states, we’re looking to bring in high performing and dynamic individuals with a passion to treat customers with a genuine and highly rated experience.
Now that GRNE solar is a Nelnet company, you will enjoy perks go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you’re part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
The Commercial Project Manager is responsible for ensuring full cycle ownership of multiple projects in various stages.
● Coordinate and review the digital design of a commercial solar PV system
● Oversee all projects, from the sales handoff to completion, by working with local municipalities and utilities
● Work with Sales Team members and customers to secure a project timeline
● Work with the Engineering Team to ensure production of accurate system designs and permitting/utility documentation
● Manage status checks and achieve necessary milestones required for the projects in your pipeline
● Maintain project documentation
● Communicate with company leadership on the status of projects
● Oversee procurement of materials
● Schedule installation crews according to production timelines
● Enforce the values of the company on each job site and ensure accuracy and professionalism is maintained
● Follow company Standard Operating Procedures, rules, and OSHA safety requirements
● Manage relationships with customers and vendors as necessary
● Stay up to date on industry trends and new technology
*This position will be based out of our Albany, NY office*
BS/BA degree, with an emphasis in construction, or a combination of equivalent education and/or experience.
● Construction project management required
● 5-8 years of construction experience
● 2-5 years of solar installation experience (preferred)
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
● 5 years of large scale project management or construction management experience (solar strongly preferred)
● 3 years of permitting experience
● 3 years large scale procurement experience
● Autocad experience (strongly preferred)
● Proven experience in managing a team of at least ten to complete a task efficiently
● Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and communication skills
● Proven demonstration of navigating fast-paced position with the ability to adapt quickly to change.
● A clean driving record
● Professional appearance
● Typical days are Monday – Friday, 7 AM – 4 PM, with some weekends required based on project schedules
Pay range for this role is $70,000-$119,000 annually, depending on experience.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK (http://nelnetinc.com/careers/benefits/) .
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or [email protected] .
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
You may know Nelnet as the nation’s largest student loan servicer – but we do more than that. A lot more. We’re also a professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payment processor, renewable energy innovator, and K-12 and higher education expert (and that’s just a shortlist). For over 40 years, we’ve been serving our customers, associates, and communities to make dreams possible.
EEO Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-poster.pdf) jobsincanada.one EEO Letter (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-Jeffs-Letter.pdf) jobsincanada.one EPPA Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/Employee-Polygraph-Protection-Act-Poster.pdf) jobsincanada.one FMLA Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/FMLA-Leave.pdf)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this posting.