Wild Blue Restaurant & Bar
Wild Blue is looking for individuals to join our new restaurant in Whistler Village – they should be highly motivated, possess a positive attitude, dedicated to the hospitality industry, humble, conscientious, team players, a desire to learn, respectful and honest.
Ideal candidates would ideally have several years of fine dining and beverage experience; however Wild Blue is willing to train the right candidate and provide them the tools to succeed and grow within the industry. Candidates should be team oriented as they will be collaborating with employees to create an exciting and professional environment to execute service standards.
- Oversee and guide guest’s complete dining and bar experience
- Provide knowledgeable, efficient, energetic, and thoughtful service
- Full knowledge of food and beverage menu items including the major components of a dish/drink; this may include ingredients and their source, simple descriptions of unfamiliar ingredients, preparation, and/or execution of correct food and beverage service
- Adhere to all company service standards and protocols
- Uphold Wild Blue standards of quality when assembling alcoholic beverages for guests
- Responsibly serve alcoholic beverages
- Confident and correct use of POS system for order entry and payment processing
- Ensure food and beverage arrive to guests quickly and correctly; and confirming guest satisfaction
- Maintain the cleanliness of bar tools and bar areas
- Communicate respectfully with chefs (and kitchen team) as necessary
- Engage management for any guest issue or complaint
- Stocking and preparing bar service-related items
- Assist creatively with cocktail and beverage programs, presenting and assisting with new additions
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualifications for Success:
- Minimum 2+ years of related beverage, food, and service experience in a high-volume setting
- Additional education and training may be required
- Commitment to quality, excellence, and genuine hospitality
- Passion for creating unique guest experiences
- Ability to provide warm, humble, and knowledgeable service
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong task and time management abilities
- Willingness to continue learning about food and beverage preparation
- Serving It Right Certificate
- Neat and well-groomed appearance
- Experience in fine dining is preferred
- Ability to work nights, weekends, extended hours, and holidays as needed
Why join Wild Blue Restaurant?
Our People – We value integrity, creativity, kind-heartedness, and being intentional in all that we do, and we are looking for a candidate who is seeking the same. We are a passionate, hard-working, and uplifting team, always aspiring to evolve.
Our Facilities – unparalleled staff facilities including staff showers, bike storage, winter-sport gear lockers, staff common room with tea + coffee facilities and microwave, device charging area, TV + Apple TV, Yoga and stretching mats…and a ping pong table!
View sneak preview here: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ccoxx8Eg5Xd/
Our Hospitality – We’re committed to nurturing a culture of trust and balance. We are attracting the most passionate individuals who are keen to work hard and succeed, that play well with others, and enjoy life. Where you will be proud to say you belong. We offer a professional working environment with ample support and mentorship, always striving for excellence.
Our Community – We live in one of the most beautiful places on the planet, sitting within a basin of mountains and surrounded by a strong local contingent of like minded individuals. We challenge and encourage you to explore everything Whistler has to offer.
Other Benefits & Perks: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Available after 3mths jobsincanada.one Dining Discounts
About the Restaurant:
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Adhering to all public health guidelines
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Whistler, BC V8E 1J1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- serving: 2 years (required)
- Work Visa (preferred)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.