RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Santé (FRQS).
Under the general supervision of Dr. Rita Suri at the McGill University Health Centre, the incumbent is responsible for the general coordination of clinical research projects in the nephrology clinics of the McGill University Health Centre – Adult sites.
• Coordinate local and multi-centered research studies
• Assist in the submission of documents to Ethics Boards, Pharmacy, Contract office and other relevant offices
• Maintenance of all documentation of future, ongoing and closed studies
• Screening, consenting, and enrolling of patients into clinical studies
• Data collection and entering data
• Assist in the submission process for manuscripts, presentations, letters and other scientific reports
• Prepare progress reports and statements for granting agencies,
• Organize investigators’ meetings and conference calls
• Organize clinical research meetings for the nephrology group at the MUHC, as needed.
• Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing
Education / Experience
• A degree from a recognized university, or a DEC, or a combination of education, job-related training and/or experience (preferably a Health Science background)
• GCP certification and experience with clinical research an asset.
• Have good skills in written and spoken English and French.
• Have general knowledge of how hospitals function, particularly nephrology clinics.
• Knowledge of the Nagano platform for the submission of studies to the RI-MUHC ethics board an asset.
• Knowledge of the MSSS province-wide multi-centered study submission process an asset.
• Be capable of working independently, with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and punctuality
• Good communication and organisational skills
• Able to work with Microsoft Office suite (ACCESS, WORD, EXCEL, and POWERPOINT) and able to do internet research.
Pay Scale: Commensurate with education and experience
Work Shift: from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 pm., Mondays to Saturdays
Work Site: Dialysis units and CKD clinics at Montreal General Hospital, Royal Victoria Hospital and Lachine Hospital
To learn more about our benefits, please visit http://rimuhc.ca/en/compensation-and-benefits
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates who self-identify as members of racialized groups/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and 2SLGBTQIA+ persons. We also welcome candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may confidentially contact, [email protected]
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.